Mary and Davie ....

28th February 2021 (Sunday)     09.00 .... Well that was a quick change of

Mary and Davie (Budd)

plan.
 The sky was overcast at sunrise time so I decided to take the car to Elie for the paper.    When I went to start it (the car) I realised that the battery was low and needing a ‘run’, so I had an immediate ‘plan change’;  I’d take the car to The Store in Anstruther, and come home by way of Colinsburgh Garage to fuel her up.    That way the battery would get some kind of charge.   I’ll go to Crail sometime this week to give the car a decent run.

The sky is beginning to break up, with lots of blue bit starting to appear;   I should get out on the bike after lunch.

19.00    I’ve finally sussed out going to the kirk on ‘Zoom’;   well .... not ‘going to’... coming ‘out of the kirk’ actually.    There’s a Leave Meeting button that you can use to exit at any time.   I’ll exit at the end of the service, before the ‘rooms’ open up in future, ‘cos I’m not very good in the ‘room’.    I enjoy the service bit.... I makes me feel part of the kirk community.


I eventually went out on the bike in the middle of the afternoon;  by that time the sky was mostly overcast, (but it wasn’t cold) so I just went up to Chapel Green.   On the way up I met Davie and Mary (Budd) out for their afternoon exercise.    They had walked all the way from South Street;   I was going to say South Street in St Andrews ....  but that would be ‘fake news’.   It was good catching up with their ‘news’.    Further up the road I met Irene, out for her afternoon exercise and stopped to chat.... and on the way out of Chapel Green I met Eileen and who had been walking their dogs along West Bay.   This has been a good day for conversation!   The villages have been busy today, but then it has been a good day for being out and about.

We’re going to have a clear night so it could be cool;  tomorrow is going to be ‘sunny

West Bay - Earlsferry.

intervals with a light breeze’.    The wind is going to ‘back’ to the Southeast later on tomorrow.    I ‘plan’ to go out (on the bike early) then do some work in the garden.   


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....