Windy and wet ....

5th February 2021 (Friday)      08.00 .... As per weather forecast it is’ wet


and windy’ .... not a good hair day and not a day for wandering to the beach:  there’s a lack of shelter down there when the wind is off the East.... though there is a couple of beach huts on the bents, that I occasionally shelter behind.    It will be a quick trip out, in the car, for the paper later in the morrrrrning (about coffee time).

21.00    Wellll .... has this been a bleak day?...... I most certainly has.   I’m half hoping that tomorrow is slightly drier, but, according to Sarah (Weather forecaster: and she’s never wrong), it’s going to be another interestingly wet day.

In spite of the wind and wet I’ve actually had a good day.   There’s a name that has been eluding me in Find My Past and this morning I found it, and another part of the jigsaw fits;  researching ‘family history’ is fascinating and relaxing.


In the morning I went for the paper and to the harbour, to take a few photos from the lee side of the granary and from under the Ship Inn awning.   The viewpoints are the same, but the weather is different.    After going back to Ivy and ‘playing’ with said photos, I decided to go up to Kinneuchar kirk and get some wet look ones of Kinneuchar;  the whole of Scotland is either wet or white just now.   Not that I intend going further than five miles anyway;  I just thought I’d mention that the whole of Bonnie Scotland is damp.

When I was under the Ship Inn awning a couple of workmen in truck went past, towing a


cherry ‘picker’, making for the granary....presumably to fix the roof.   After looking at the scale of the problem, they went off ‘home’ (Dunfermline) to get a bigger ‘cherry picker’, because the one they had would have been OK for a normal job but not the granary.   They will need the biggest one they have, if they’re going to do a repair job, (even a temporary one) up there in this wind and rain.  

Tomorrow looks like being another ‘computer day’;  but I will take time out to get the paper.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....