Overcast and breezy ....

18th February 2021 (Thursday)       08.30 ....   I had a walk to the beach, but


I forgot that the tide would be in so I didn’t go onto the actual beach.   There was activity on the beach;   ‘Blue Tits’ swimmers were going in for their morning dip.   It’s not that cold, but there is a breeze so not ‘iggzactly’ warm either.    The forecast for KY9 mentions ‘light rain’ for early morning;  at the moment it’s overcast but breezy and dry.






15.30    A change of direction was what I needed.... so I went North, on the bike, to Kinneuchar then home by way of Elie estate and Elie.    The first thing I noticed was that Ferry Road is a mess of potholes at the usual places... the bridge over the burn and at both approaches to the railway bridge.    The southern approach is a disaster;  the time has come for a proper repair to that section of the road.   In fact all three places need proper attention.   Filling in  a  few holes here and there, because they are of the requisite depth, isn’t really going to work this time.


I saw Nancy in Kinneuchar (she was deep in conversation so I didn’t stop);  and the bus passed through but Kinneuchar was quiet;  as was Elie Estate, though I couldn't help noticing that Stewart has been a busy boy, with the new cattle grids nearly fully operational.   The road was wet and muddy .... worse that I expected it to be.    I don’t think I’ll be going into Elie Estate very often.

The bike is being charged up at present.... ready for the next mission, which  won’t be until Saturday (or perhaps Sunday) if tomorrow’s weather forecast proves to be correct.

21.00    I’ve had a funny kind of day today;  I enjoyed being out on the bike, but felt ‘unwelcome’ on Elie Estate.   I’ll skip the estate until after a spell of sunny weather, and the road is dry.  The sound of the birds on the estate, singing their territorial songs, was with me all the way;  Spring is in the air right enough.

Either the wind is freshening, or my hearing is getting better.... it will be the former

Balcarres Crag.

because my hearing isn’t very good... and.... a frisky wind is forecast for tomorrow.   My ‘plan’ for tomorrow is to do some ‘ousework:  I did an ironing this afternoon.... I now have the urge to do some kind of ‘Spring’ cleaning;  if it isn’t a bonnie day tomorrow.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....