Heavy showers ....

4th February 2021 (Thursday)      09.30 .... I have been for the paper....and to

Wind damage atop the granary.

‘The Store’, but have yet to go to the harbour:  I’ll do that at ‘coffee’ time.   The weather is much as it was yesterday.... ‘overcast and windy, with heavy showers’.   It feels colder than it was yesterday.... more of a wintry feel to it:  a nice day for playing ... er... working with postcards.

14.30    We’ve had some almost dry intervals between the showers, which a lot of walkers took advantage of.... including two ‘Royal Burgh’ residents who walked from Chapel Green to the harbour... and back!   I took the car to the harbour....  and the Ship Inn Beer Garden for morning coffee and to get a few photos to play with today.   I am thinking of going out for a daunder to the beach but it’s raining at the moment.    I’ll have another look outside after i have a cuppa.   Oh .... I’m not as tired today as I have been for the past few days.

Almost a sunny spell!

21.00    It has been wet and windy;  in fact it got wetter and windier as the afternoon progressed, so I never did get out for a walk.     I sorted out the photographs I got this morning;  most of them I took from the shelter of the Ship Inn beer garden, which has a cover over it.   I’ve looked at the long range weather forecast and it looks like we are in for a spell of stuff off the Northeast....  for a week at least. 

I started to set up the postcards for sorting;  at the moment I have four empty albums,  but I’ll have to order a few more albums to ‘sort’ them all into.   I want every post card in an album as opposed to being in boxes.   It’s an interesting ‘job’;   and time consuming, because they are from all over the UK .... and the world.    With the weather set at ‘naughty’ for the next week or so;  sorting postcards will be an enjoyable way of passing the time.

With the weather being ‘repetitive’, my ‘plans’ are also repetitive;  actually I might go up


to Kinneuchar tomorrow and take a few photos from the lee side of the kirk;  it all depends on just how ‘naughty’ the weather is.  

It’s chocolate time.... and browse the TV channels time.   With watching more TV than I’d normally watch, I have also had to suffer more advertising.    Do people actually buy stuff they see advertised on the tele.   Today I saw one ‘Insurance’ advert that actually told the potential ‘buyer’ that they could pay in more than they, the insurance company, would pay out!   Better to keep your money in the mattress:   as long as you remember where it is when you buy a new mattress!    It is age of ‘Rip Off Britain’ right enough.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....