Colder air ....

25th February 2021 (Thursday)    11.00 .... We have a fresh wind from the


WNW this morning, so, with the combined effects of a cooler wind direction and the wind chill factor, it’s cold today.   It was very cold on the beach at sunrise time.... definitely not the warmest time of day, but always interesting.   I was glad to get home and have a hot shower.  

 It’s a bonnie day, but a bit windy;   however I might go out on the bike, in the afternoon.   I put the kettle ‘on’ 20 minutes ago;  it would be a pity to waste the hot water.   Cuppa time.


21.00    I am tired.... after a reasonably active day.   It has been a bonnie day here;  a bit breezy perhaps but really warm (for the time of year) sheltered from said wind.    I went out on the bike at around midday (when the wind was at its friskiest).... only going as far as Elie and remembering to stop at the ‘paper shop’ on the way to the harbour.   In actual fact I never reached the harbour because I stopped at the Ship in beer garden to watch (and photograph) three kite surfers at the harbour end of Elie Bay:  my word they were enjoying themselves;  as were the folk watching ..... including me.     I wished I had my coffee with me;  they were very entertaining.    There’s me thinking it might be too windy to go out on the bike;  kite surfers look for and revel in a wind like we had today. 


I’ve been very tired all day today;  I think it is the result of my biking up to Balcarres the other day.... that was the first decent run out on the bike for a while.    I fell asleep (in front of the tele) after lunch;  nursing a mug of tea on my knee.   You can guess the rest.   It has been a good drying day for washing trousers.

We’re in for a spell of settled, mostly dry and sunny, weather for the next week.   Tomorrow is going to be less breezy so will feel warmer, even exposed to the wind.    I have a fully charged battery (so has the bike) and might go a potter around Kinneuchar.   I’ll take my coffee mug with me;  I can’t visit Shona for coffee until after the 15th March.   After that date we can sit out in gardens and blether.... at least that’s how I interpret the ‘rools’.  

I had a brilliant, unbroken, night’s sleep last night.... and look forward to the same


tonight.   I get ‘up’ at 06.00 (ish), have tea and toast, check the Fife weather cams then get ready to go to the beach (the tide is out at in the morning just now).   It’s hard work being ‘me’!   

 


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....