Definitely wintry ....

10th February 2021 (Wednesday)      09.30 .... It is much colder this

The Ferry High Street at sunrise time.

morning.... and we’ve had more snow so it is also very wintry;  the snow on the car roof is about four inches deep so it must be that on the ground as well.

I did the same walk as I did yesterday, with the camera at a different format setting but it’s still not the one I had;  today’s photos are skinnier..... more panoramic.   I know how to change the settings now .... so I’ll get it right the next time I’m out.

Although I did the same walk as I did yesterday the photo’s are completely different;  not just because of their shape.... but because the sky is completely different, but still interesting.   Today’s sky is once more a photographer’s dream, if they like active shower clouds... and today’s shower clouds are active.   There’s. a proper wintry feel to the air.

The beach at sunrise time.

12.00     Well .... now I know what the fatigue is that you get with the jab.    I decided to go to the beach, for the second time this morning, and do part of the walk I did earlier... with the camera at another format setting.   The setting is alright, but my word I it took me a while to get back to Ivy.   I didn’t realise I could get so ‘fatigued’ so quickly.   I was glad to get back home and have a cuppa.... after which I felt fine again.   Now I need lunch.

14.30   A few minutes ago I heard the postie at the door;   when I went to see what surprises he had delivered (it’s usually junk mail that goes straight into the grey bin).    Today I found a box from Parcel force.   I checked the address ... it was addressed to ‘Albert Lawrie, The Royal Burgh etc.’... so it was for me right enough.   What was in this mysterious box?    Two Selkirk Bannocks from ‘Dalgetty the Artisan Baker’s’ in Galashiels.    Donald had organised them via the Dalgetty online shop.... knowing how much I love Selkirk Bannocks.   ‘Thank You Donald’;  they will be very much ‘enjoyed’.   In fact I have eaten one third of one of them already, so the ‘use by date’ (the end of March) has nae chance of becoming operational.

21.00   I have just discovered that I didn’t actually ‘update' the Hutte at all this morning

Sunrise time.

though I did type it up.   I must have been too excited by the clouds.   Anyway I’ll update it all at once after this. 

 In the middle of the afternoon In decided that the car wheels needed to be turned so ‘we’ went to .... yep ... the harbour.   Later in the afternoon I went down to the beach (for the third time today) at sunset time;  it has been a brilliant day for moody skies;  but I didn’t go very far.  I was glad to get back to Ivy again... and a refreshing cuppa.   Tomorrow’s walk will be much shorter.

 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....