Bad hair day ....

2nd February 2021 (Tuesday)    07.30 .... ‘Sleet with a fresh breeze from the


ESE’ is the weather forecast for our area today;  no mention of sunny spells.   Oh welll.....the car it will be, to go for the paper.   I suspect that this could be a ‘computer/tele and countless cuppas.... day!

15.00    I’ve done the ‘paper run’ (in the car) and down to the harbour:  I browsed the harbour from the car, then went back to The Toft and browsed the villages from the shelter of the ‘Ship Inn’ Beer Garden.   All was where it ought to be .... but wet.    I couldn’t see anyone on the beach;  that was hardly surprising but I had expected to see a dog hauling it’s owner out for a morning walk.

The ‘plan’ (about 10 minutes ago) was to go to the beach, but it’s raining ....  so that plan has been put on ‘hold’.   The rain/sleet has been with us most of the day....with hailstones at one time.... and I’m beginning to think, that there won’t be a walk to the beach today.


21.30    I never reached the beach.    I donned the ‘wellies’ and set off down the Wynd then the rain became annoyingly heavy, so I promptly turned around and went back to Ivy .... yep and had a cuppa.    My complexion is too delicate to cope with cauld sleety rain.   The forecast for tomorrow is ‘more of the same’ .... with a fresher wind.   Oh dear it will be cauld tomorrow:  it’s going to be another computer/tele day.   I’ve got a good supply of tea bags;   and coffee granules.

I saw on the news that Capt. Sir Thomas Moore, affectionately known as ‘Sir Tom’ has, sadly, died.    ‘Sir Tom’ was the exceptional person that this country needed at this time of crisis:  an unassuming and inspirational example to us all.    It’s a pity politicians couldn’t be the same.

I’ve been out to see what happening with the weather .... it’s wet and windy.   The


hatches have been battened down and now I’m going to make my bedtime mug o’ chocolate.   I’ll browse the TV channels to see if there’s anything worth watching.... sometimes I get lucky.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....