Not a good hair day ....

19th February 2021 (Friday)     09.30 .... I see that the weather forecast has


us down for ‘heavy rain and a fresh breeze’ for near enough the whole day.     I went to the beach at sunrise time and the rain began just as I left the beach.... and as the ‘Blue Tit’ SC’ swimmers went in for their morning dip.   The rain has settled in and it’s looking like ‘ousework/computer/ tele, for this boy today;  though I will go for the paper (in the car) and take a run to the harbour.   All is good at the Centre of the Universe.... hmmmm ... it could be better if it wasn't overcast and wet!



16.00   It was raining heavily when I went to Elie;  so heavily in fact that, when I went to the harbour I circumnavigated the granary non-stop and made for the shelter of the Ship Inn awning.   (I don’t know what I’ll do when The Ship re-opens).   At that time the sky was breaking up (aye even ‘bloo’ bits) over on the ‘sooth side’.   Sure enough by the time I left the Ship Inn beer garden the rain was of the light variety.    I remembered to get the paper!

After ‘Morrrrrrrrning Coffee’ (Ivy Cottage vintage) and chatting to Myra on the phone, I


decided to have another go at the beach.   A lot of others had had the same idea:  the beach was busy with walkers;  and dogs taking their owners out for their morning exercise .... all, like me, taking advantage of fact that it had stopped raining.    Unfortunately, after about 20 minutes it, started raining again, so the walk had to be cut short;  by this time t I had managed to get a few photos of the ‘interesting sky’, so I left the beach a happy-ish bunny.     I have photos to ‘play’ with tonight.






21.00   Hmmmm .... I’ve had an enjoyable day, but I don’t seem to have achieved much:  I feel ‘lazy’.   I think that’s because both walks to the beach were cut short by rain.    Tomorrow is going to be brighter... ‘light rain at times, with a fresh SSE breeze’ .... but we could have sunny spells by midday.   I’m hoping to get some tidying up done in the front garden;  I need to get rid of the dead leaves and stuff;  to let

the Spring things through.    It’s not going to be a day for biking so there’s fair chance I will get something done out there.

I’ll do this update, check for any e-mails, make a mug of chocolate, then browse  the TV channels.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....