Spring! ....

26th February 2021 (Friday)      10.30 .... What a cracker o’ a mornin’!   I


have been to the beach;  the next move is to have ‘morning coffee’ the go out on the bike.... wherever I go will be via Elie to pay the papers etc.   The forecast is good for the next week more or less, so we have to take advantage of it.... sunshine will help us shake off the Coronavirus blues.
   And, in my case, some of the extra, non muscle, ‘stuff’ that I has appeared around the ‘royal’ body over the winter.   Enjoy the sun.




21.30    I may not have done much physical work today but I have enjoyed being out on the bike.... and down to the beach.   This is the kind of weather to get us over the trials and tribulations of the past year;  and to build us up for whatever comes our way over the summer.

My busy day began and ended with the beach:  at sunrise time and just before sunset time.   In the middle of the day I went for the paper, then to Kinneuchar via the Balbuthie road.   I had a wee bumble through Barnyards but didn’t visit Shona;  because that is not allowed under the present ‘rools’.    After the 15th March visiting Shona will be okay, as long as we have our coffee outside.

West Bay 'seaweed tree'.

I always like to go into the kirkyard; there’s hardly ever anybody in the old bit of the cemetery.... but today I met an elderly couple browsing the headstones.   They weren’t looking for anyone in particular.... just ‘browsing’.

After lunch (and a catnap in the Hutte) I went up to Chapel Green on the bike:  I met Valerie, who was out for an afternoon walk, and we talked about the Dome Park wall.... and ‘trees’ that have ‘appeared’ at West Bay (see photo).

As it was such a nice late afternoon/evening I decided to have a short walk to the beach to sit on the seat in front of St Margaret’s and ‘fall apart’.   It was a really peaceful evening with a big moon rising over Elie (full moon tomorrow).

I did actually do one small ‘job’ in Ivy Cottage;   I fired up the ‘Hoover to pick up a few

Big moon over Elie.

crumbs.   That job took about three minutes;  I felt a touch of ‘tired’ coming on immediately afterwards, so had a cuppa.

As far as i could see from the weather forecast tomorrow is going to be another bonnie day;  I really must do some stuff in the garden   The problem is that the ‘broon’ bucket is nearly full and isn’t (at the latest reading of the ‘Fife bucket emptying page’) being emptied until the 12th of March.  I’m orf to make my bedtime mug of chocolate ‘orlicks.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....