Happy boy ...

8th February 2021 (Monday)     11.00 ....  what a difference the sun makes: 


we have a bright and sunny morning with shower clouds around.    The showers fall as snow; its the ‘Beast from the East MkII’ down south.... but  we only have a sprinkling of snow now and again... so it’s a more of a ‘Pussy from the East’ here.   That said it is cold.  

I went to the beach this morning, at sunrise time;  it was absolutely brilliant.   The clouds, and I like clouds, were brilliant.   I enjoyed a slow potter along to Telfer Wynd on the beach then home by way of the bents.    I am a happy boy.

17.00    After sorting out the photos I got on the beach I went out on the bike, for the first time in a week or so, and did the ‘roond the villages’ tour.   The weather was perfect... but it was cold.   I’ve just come in from locking up the bike and it feels frosty already;  so, there could be a heavy frost tonight.   If that is the case, there will be no biking tomorrow.

We’ve just had a fairly prolonged light snow shower and the streets are white;  it looks wintry.   What am I saying;  it is wintry!


21.00    I’ve just had an e-mail from ‘M’ (New Zealand) and they are suffering from a heatwave at present;  it is their summer right enough.... but there’s been a lack of rain so her lawn is yellow!   Bonnie Scotland doesn’t have that problem.... even in the height of summer our countryside is green!    As far as COVID-19 goes, ‘M’ says that she is ‘back to normal’;  New Zealand quarantined incoming travellers from the beginning.    They are a smaller country and in the middle of ‘nowhere’ right enough; but, their leaders chose the right course from the beginning.

The ‘Master Plan’ is to go to the beach in the morning.... assuming that the pavements


aren’t icy.   Once on the beach I’ll be fine.   It’s going to be cold.... mostly because of the wind chill factor.    I’m thinkin’ that the bike won’t be out for the next few days, so I’m glad that I turned its wheels today.   It was great to get out again;  and the battery has been charged up ready for the next time .... which I hope will be soon and further!


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....