Blob .... 'in love' ....

17th February 2021 (Wednesday)       07.30 .... It’s going to be a nice day


... right now it’s raining, not heavily but has been for a while by the look of it and it’s definitely wet.    There was a bit of red sky earlier but I didn’t go out with the camera;  I plan to go out on the bike later.  ‘Blob’ was singing his ‘I’m in love’ song this morning again;  he’s unquestionably thinking, ‘love nest’.   I’m orf to have an early breakfast... and mug o’ caffeine.

22.30    Joyful me .... I’ve had a great day... welll not great... enjoyable would be  a better word.      I did get to the beach... about 08.30 .... the tide was on the way out so we had a wet beach .... and a wet beach equals ... reflections.  With the wind being out of the southwest, the sea calmed down, it was much quieter.    I could hear the seabirds!


To bring the photos I was taking ‘to life’,  someone had to walk on to the beach.... and lo and behold someone came down from the Breakwater and to the water’s edge for their morning walk.    Actually I think this lady may do this walk every morning because I have been lucky recently;  someone has walked into the pictures every morning and it might well be the same lassie every time.

Further to my Cornwall comment last night.    Three years ago (come June) Myra, Jim and I went on a bus tour to Cornwall.  It was on this tour that I fell in love with ‘Elizabeth’.    She was lovely....  and will still be lovely.   Elizabeth was travelling with her daughter ‘Liz’, and was a year older than me;   so I was Elizabeth’s ‘toy boy’.    Anyway it’s not my ‘romantic endeavours’ I want to tell you about.    Last night I told you about the last cove fishery in Cornwall;   in Cornwall one of the places we visited was a beautiful fishing village, with a harbour, called Polperro.   I got separated from everyone and ended up said harbour where I was lucky enough to find a local fisherman taking trips round to the next bay in

Liz and Elizabeth.

his creel boat.   I just had to do that.   It was brilliant... the sea was flat calm, and the fisherman, who had been born in Polperro told us about his making a living from the creels, and the local area:  last night’s programme reminded me of our holiday in Cornwall and Elizabeth ... oops .... Polperro in particular.    And so ends my reminiscing.   I’d best not watch any more fishing programmes from Cornwall!    I have never seen Elizabeth since.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....