Lovely, peaceful morning ....

11th February 2021 (Thursday)     10.00 .... We have a gorgeous morning:


   bright, sunny and colder... and peaceful under a clear blue sky, especially after the moody skies of the past few days.   The pavements are treacherous, though they can be walk on, with care, where there’s snow lying.   I’ve been to the beach to catch the sunrise;  and had my breakfast.... now I’m thinking of getting in the car and going for the paper.

I’ve come to the conclusion that ‘the jab’ has more subtle side effects than I first thought:  Nothing that I can put my finger on, just a slight feeling of being ‘under the weather’, most of the time.    I say this because I am feeling brighter this morning, the best that I have felt since I got ‘the jab’ two weeks ago.   Of course it’s maybe absolutely nothing to do with ‘the jab’;  could simply be the cold weather.    I just thought I’d mention that.   It’s certainly nothing to bother about.... I’m looking forward to the next ‘jab’.   After that one I shall know if there are subtle side effects.


12.00    I went to Elie for the paper and milk:  the road to the harbour looked icy so I just came back to Ivy and ‘morning coffee’.   After ‘MC’ I cleared the path, from the front door to the pavement then sprinkled some salt on it;   we are to have another overnight frost tonight.    Nothing like as cold as Deeside..... -22.5c at Braemar.     That is cauld.   We must have been about -4c this morning because the salt water on the beach was beginning to freeze.    I think that happens around -3c.   Must ‘go’.... slight ‘flap on’;   I need food.

20.30    It has been a bonnie day and I have been a busy boy, having scraped the ice off


the front door path and across the pavement onto the road.   I do not want any more snow (mostly because I’m not that keen on having to scrape paths);   however there is a slight chance of light showers tomorrow.  

I checked the info you get when you get ‘the jab’ and ‘feeling unwell’ is one of the symptoms.    Actually I have been fine today.... in fact I have been feeling frisky;  hence the ice scraping.   No ‘plan’ for tomorrow with the weather being the way it is... other than go for the paper.... and down to the harbour.   I doubt if I’ll take the bike out.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....