Overcast ....

23rd February 2021 (Tuesday)      08.30 ....  I’ve been for the paper and


checked out the harbour on what is, an overcast, with occasional spits and spots o’ rain morning.   The wind wasn’t that bad, but is forecast to freshen (up to F6-7) by mid afternoon... but... and this is the good news;  it should being a few sunny spells with it.   I think this could be mostly a ‘computer day’ for me.... with a wander to the beach once the sunny spells arrive.





21.00    We had one reasonable length sunny spell early in the afternoon and I got the bike out, with the intention of doing a ‘roond the villages tour’; starting with Chapel Green.   It was breezy at Ivy Cottage.... but my word it was blowin’ a gale up there (Chapel Green), so the ‘tour’ started and finished at Chapel Green.   Anyway, I could see the sky beginning to cloud over again, so it didn’t take long to convince myself that, with the wind forecast to moderate overnight I could do the villages in comfort on Thursday (tomorrow’s forecast is ‘iffy’).   Right now we have a horrible, wet and windy, evening;  all that will have to clear away overnight.  


I watched the last episode of ‘The Fishing Life’ from Cornwall last night:  this was made just after the ‘Brexit ‘deal’ was made.    The Cornish fishermen were not happy with the ‘Deal’, especially after all the promises made to the fishing UK industry.    I don’t see what they’re worried about;  there will be a General Election coming up in just under four years and they will get all the same promises again.   Watching this programme had me reminiscing about our Cornwall holiday again... and ...yes... I did think of Elizabeth.

There hasn’t been much work done around Ivy today.... not physical work anyway.    I have done some good work on the computer though.

If I have interpreted the new ‘rools’, correctly, re the Coronavirus, a group of four people should be able to sit outside for ‘morning coffee’ from15th March.   At last we are


beginning to see a clearer road ahead.... though I have no doubt there will be a few big potholes before we can feel really safe.    August could be an interesting month.   The figures, that also came out today, re the vaccine are also encouraging.     If we have a bonnie Spring and Summer we should recover from the sadness and stress of the past year quickly.

The ‘plan’ for tomorrow depends on the weather;  this is always a time of mixed weather.  

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....