Snow ....

9th February 2021 (Tuesday)      11.30.... We woke up to two inches of snow


this morrrrrrrning.... and we have had a few more showers to add to it, though the sun is melting it between said showers.   I am, this goes really without saying, the snow got me into a state of excitement.   Went out with the camera at 07.45 and got back home at 0815... 415‘clicks’ later.   My word I enjoyed myself;   and I only went up The Ferry High Street, down to the beach and home by way of the bents... with a wee sortie up to the golf course at the end.   So far I have looked (and sorted) at 83 photographs so there’s plenty left to ‘play’ with after lunch.   In fact I may add to today’s tally by going out again, later in the afternoon;  after I find something on the tele that will lullaby me to sleep!   Usually the ‘News’.

When I  went out this morning, the path, from the front door to the pavement had been swept;   the first thing I thought was... “I can’t remember doing that”.   I would later meet the Good Samaritan, Neil, out with the dogs (and a broom): “Thank You Neil”, it was much appreciated.   I sprinkled salt on the slabs to help keep them clear.


20.30    This has been a cracker of a day.... and ... the gritter went down earlier this evening, so it looks like we might still have the snow with us tomorrow morning.   I may just do the same walk as I did this morning and hope that I can get the ‘almost perfect’ photo.    Having said that I am happy with the photos I got today;  the general early morning colour was phenomenal, which is why I got into a state of excitement.    For tomorrow the camera is back at the rectangular setting, though I must to liking square photos;  it’s just that square is not a great shape for printing off to dangle on my wall.

It has taken me most of the day to sort through today’s photos ... but I did find  time to feed ‘Blob’ and to do a wee bit of ‘ooverin’.   Although I haven’t done much physical stuff I am tired tonight (I didn’t have a catnap this afternoon), and looking forward to


going to bed and reading a bit of my book.   I’ll do this update then make the ‘orlicks and bumble orf to bed.  

I see that we’ve had more snow this evening and frost is forecast for early morning so the pavements could be slippery.    As long as there’s snow to walk on it’s usually safe and once I get onto the beach I’m happy.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....