Clearing sky ....

22nd February 2021 (Monday)    09.00 .... the sky is clearing after some


overnight rain:  with the roads being wet and there isn’t a drying breeze, so the biking ‘plan’ is hanging in the balance.      The sky is slowly clearing from the West ... and sunny spells are forecast to make an appearance around midday, so I may get out in the afternoon.   I’m a frustrated boy just now; thankfully,  it’s coming up to 'morning coffee' time.

I 've been for the paper and down to the harbour;  it's a peaceful morning and everything is where it should be.... apart from the clouds.


21.00    The sun broke through about 09.30 so I decided to go to Balcarres Estate  after morning coffee:  it was a perfect day for biking..... sunny with only a light breeze.   The road I chose to enter the estate was the muddiest part of the chosen route, but I wanted to go into the Den and the Balmakin entrance is perfect for that.    The countryside doesn’t look its best at this time of year, especially just after snow has melted.... but there were signs of Spring all around ;  a tree with catkins dangling from the branches, snowdrops and some buds beginning to liven up in the warmth of the Den.   Spring is coming in.    I enjoyed today’s run on the bike and look forward to going to Balcarres again....  after a spell of sunny weather .... when the buds are beginning to show green on the trees.   

'East Lodge' - Balcarres.

When I got back to Ivy Cottage who did I find ‘in residence’?.....  “Blob”!    He must have gone in through the bathroom window.    I opened the back door.... he perched on top of the  door and gave me a ‘Blob’ glower that said, “where have you been”, then promptly flew up to the top of the Rowan tree and gave me a round of the ‘Blob’ guns.    In the winter weather he did sometimes follow me into the house, on the mooch, but I thought he was past all that, for this winter anyway.... and ‘in love’ with other things on his mind.    Obviously I got that wrong.

I had lunch, downloaded the photographs, made a cuppa and sat down to watch the ‘News’.    When I woke up... about 45 minutes later I made a fresh cuppa, then sorted out today’s photos.    It was still a beautiful afternoon after I’d done all that so I had a walk down to the beach;  which was busy.   The weather forecast for the next few days is a bit mixed (possibly windy and wet) so, better enjoy today’s sunshine just in case the weather

Colinsburgh.

is iffy.   I did.   Enjoy today’s sunshine i.e.

 


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....