Breezy and cool ...


22nd September 2018 (Saturday) ... 08.00    It was bright and breezy
Elie... this morning.
when I first looked out an hour and a half ago;   now it’s breezy but not as bright, because a layer of cloud has drifted over from the Northwest.    It’s cold, and I’m feeling ‘one degree under’ this morning, so haven’t ventured further than the front gate.   That reminds me....   ‘flu jabs on 1st October.    Orf to have breakfast.



20.00      I’ve been ... welll... further than the front gate;   I went for the paper, and morning coffee, then along to the re-cycling Depot at Pittenweem, where I dumped the old printer.   It was a nice morning, and warm in the car, but breezy and cool out.
The new printer is easy to operate, as I discovered when and I scanned and printed off a few documents.    It’s really simple;  load the scanner then ‘click’ the necessary buttons.    I’m happy.   The hardest bit was setting it up;  and that was probably
Elie.
because I was under the weather .... and growing older.

This a holiday weekend so the villages are busy.   Unfortunately I haven’t been feeling well enough to go to the beach to find anyone to speak too;  in fact most of the afternoon I spent sound asleep in front of the tele.   When woke up I watched a film of a bloke biking the ‘bealach Na ba’ road (the cattle road) to Applecross.... in the same kind of weather that Maggie and I got when we drove that road..... misty with ‘nae view’ from the top.    I have the video that Maggie took.   It was braw when we arrived at Applecross, where we had lunch in a ‘poly tunnel’ Cafe.   Aye those were the days.

We’ve had a lovely clear evening so we could wake up to a cold morning... below freezing temperatures are forecast for the Highland glens.   It will be around 4c here.    My ‘plan’ is to get up early, assuming that I’m feeling perkier.   I’m going to take it easy again tomorrow as I have a busy week ahead.    Monday; Leven, Tuesday; St Andrews, Wednesday;  Dumfries House coach trip, and Thursday;  get a cortisone injection in
95 bus at Elie.
my knee.  It’s all ‘go’ next week, which is why I intend resting all day tomorrow.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morrrrrrrrrrning .....

Quiet morning ....