Overcast and breezy ....


14th September 2018 (Friday) ..... 08.00    We have a drab looking start
Balcarres pond.
to the day;   overcast and windy after some overnight rain.    It looks like we could have a few showers before the sun breaks through ... and we have to look for the sun bloc Factor 50.    I’m anticipating long sunny spells by lunch time.    In the meantime I’m going to do something warm.... no .... not go back into my ‘Royal Burrow’ .... I’m thinking of doing the ironing.    I’d go to the beach but the tide’s in so there’s nae rocks.



16.00    I’m glad that I went up to Balcarres after morning coffee;  we had sunny spells at that time.    It’s now dreich ... no ... it’s very dreich, the sky  being overcast, and it’s raining.    If it clears up by evening time I might go for a walk on the beach:  right now it looks bleak.   I’d do the ironing but I did that this morning.   I’d have ‘50’ but I’ve done that too;  also the ‘ooverin’ and some dustin’.    There is a lighter shade of grey
After the rain.
appearing in the general dark greyness of the Western sky ..... this could herald a sunny spell.    I’ll put the kettle on.



20.00    The rain drifted away, the clouds parted and we did get a couple of short sunny spells.    I took advantage of that and went to the beach for a spell of fresh air before dinner.    After dinner I went up to Kinneuchar via Balbuthie Loan to get a few evening sunlight photographs.   It wasn’t as I’d really have liked it to be, but I enjoyed the scene.... and it got me out of the house.

This has been a roch kind of day for me;   I’ve been feeling under the weather for most of the day.   Of course the weather hasn’t helped.    There are more sunny spells forecast for tomorrow.... and mostly dry.... a better day all round hopefully.

Although I’ve been feeling ‘iffy’ I’ve had a busy enough day;  apart from the afternoon
Kinneuchar in evening sunlight.
when I fell asleep watching something on the tele.    If the weather is good tomorrow I will give the shed door another couple of coats of paint.   I could cope with the effort of doing that.   When I was going out in the car, heading for Kinneuchar, I noticed that the villages are quiet, though there are a few ‘strangers’ walking about this evening.   
If I’m ‘in the mood’ I’ll get up with Wallace and Gromit tomorrow morning.... especially if the sun is up.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....