Bright and breezy ....


16th September 2018 (Sunday) .....   10.00   When I first looked out it
'House on the Rock' - Pittenweem.
was raining, (that was at Wallace and Gromit time, 06.00),
so I made a cuppa and went back into the Royal Burrow.    I wakened up at 09.25 to a gale of wind and bright sunshine.    Like the weather, I’m  bright and breezy this morning, but I’m going to have a ‘rest day’....... more or less a repeat of yesterday.    Strangely enough....   though we have a gale of wind it feels ‘soft’;   that said,  I haven’t been on the beach. 

17.00     While I was clairtin’ about at the old pier and House on the Rock at Pittenweem, my friend Sydney (ex Earlsferry man) has been hiking to the top of Mt Tumalo in Central Oregon.    The peak of Mt Tumalo is 7779 ft above sea level,....  The House on the rock about 10 ft above sea level.   I have might have travelled 7779 feet
Pittenweem Parish Church spire.
horizontally today.   Vertically? .... I’ll have done about 100 feet, and 80% of that was in the car.   Well done Sydney;  by the way Sydney is 92!    I might have a crack at Balcarres Crag this week!   The Crag will be about 500 feet above sea level:   however, from where I park the car I’ll follow the path to the top, .... only a distance of about 800 metres in length, and about 100 feet in elevation.      Not exactly mountain climbing is it? .... but, my word .... I feel tired already.



20.00    As per ‘plan’ I have had a rest day;   I felt weary when I got back from Pittenweem.... and even mair so when I read about Sydney’s exploits on Mt Tumalo.   My excuse is I haven’t felt at my best for the past couple of days, but I think another early night in bed will shake this malaise orf completely.   I might have another quiet
Kinneuchar from the Balbuthie road.
day tomorrow;  then tackle the Crag later in the week.

Our weather has been a mixture today;   with wind, cloud, sunny spells and the odd heavy shower.    And it hasn’t been that warm.... not as warm as it felt when I first went out this morning.    Tomorrow is forecast to be mostly overcast, with a chance of showers.    Nothing new there then.   There is a gale warning out for Monday night through to midday on Tuesday.   This would appear to make Tuesday a good drying day.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....