Nice early morning walk ....


7th September 2018 (Friday) .... 11.30    It’s a cracker o’ a morning.... after heavy overnight rain by the look of the garden.     This is the first of my getting
Lovely morning at the Centre of the Universe.
round to updating Hutte, because I have been a busy little boy.    I’ve been for my morning walk... the ‘roond the Chapel walk, then had breakfast, before going up to Elie for the paper and morning coffee.    The villages seem quiet this morning..... I thought this was a ‘holiday’ weekend.    
The forecast is ‘dry’ for today so I’m going to get the paint out after lunch;   it’s a perfect drying day.


20.30     I did a wee bit of painting, but the walk this morning had tired my auld muscles, and I had to resort to reclining in the Hutte and doing a Soduko.    It was here that Mike found me when he delivered the cistern.    I thought it was a light weight thing;  it’s anything but lightweight.    Of course I’d assumed it was going to be plastic, but it is ceramic.... hence the weight.   I took one end of the box:  I think it must have
Elie beach.
been the heavy end.     Anyway, the box, with the heavy thing inside, is in Ivy bathroom, ready to be installed on Monday.    I went back to the Hutte, and the Soduko’s .... and fell asleep.    By the time I woke up the sky had clouded over so I abandoned the painting.    It’s a better weather forecast for tomorrow anyway.

This has been an enjoyable, if tiring day for me:  I haven’t done that much, but walking any distance with a sair knee, slowly and with multiple stops, disnae half tire me oot.    The ‘plan’ is to get up early tomorrow and do the same walk again... (2.56 ‘klomitters’  kilometers/1.6 miles).    Painting the shed, and phaphing aboot with the cistern, isn’t the same exercise as walking.   That said lifting the new cistern is weight lifting exercise!   No wonder plumbers are fit.

I’ll be orf to bed early tonight;  unless I find something interesting to watch on the
Painted Lady's are enjoying this spell of weather.
tele.     Last night I watched an interesting programme about the medieval Crusades, which was followed by memories of WWII tank battles from the desert to the end of the war.   However I’m tired tonight, so I think it will be early to bed and my book.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....