First day of the crock pot season ....


1st September 2018 (Saturday) .....     08.00    I’ve set the crock pot up with a
Evening time.
beef casserole ... which takes care of dinner for tonight.... this being the first day of the crock pot season.
The sky is heavily overcast... so it’s not a bonnie start to September..... but it isn’t raining.... and it’s not cold even with a brisk south-westerly breeze.     However I’m not sure if it’s a painting kind of day, we could have a few showers, with sunny spells in the afternoon.    I’m  thinking of working in the garden rather than painting.


20.00     This has been a sort of unremarkable kind of day for me:  oh ... I’ve done stuff;  in fact I’m highly pleased with what I’ve done.... but the weather never brightened up, and ...well, a  grey sky is not very invigorating.    And I had a migraine in the middle of the afternoon;   this was a surprise because I haven’t had a migraine for a while, and it isn’t migraine weather.   I must be stressed.  
You’ll probably be wondering why I was ‘highly pleased’?   Well .... first thing after breakfast I took three bags of weeds along to the skip at Pittenweem, and  bread
Pleasant evening for a walk.
making appliance that I never use now;  though I did enjoy making bread when Maggie was around.    So that was a satisfying mission;  but not the ‘highly pleasing’ one. 
A couple of weeks ago, ... mmmm, you're probably right ....three weeks ago , the siphon in the loo cistern broke down;  the loo stopped flushing.    I’ve been using a bucket of water to do the job;  but eventually got fed up of that and today I decided to set about taking off the cistern and replacing the siphon.    Maggie and I did this job ... perhaps 20 years ago, it’s easy enough to do;   but there’s nae Maggie tae keep me right this time.    The hardest things to remove are the two butterfly nuts that hold the cistern onto the pan:  but .... thanks to us greasing them heavily 20 years ago, and me spraying them with WD40, they came off ‘nae bother’.    I’d been dreading even trying to remove the nuts for the past three weeks!   Removing the butterfly nuts was the cause
Quiet beach.
of my being ‘highly pleased’!    I’ll go to B ‘ Q’s tomorrow morning and get a new siphon.    If they don’t have them I’ll get one at Plumbers Merchants in Glenrothes or Kirkcaldy on Monday.   

The crock pot worked perfectly ... it always does... and I enjoyed my dinner.   I also put one 'ready meal. in the freezer, and made a cottage pie for tomorrow.

The weather forecast for tomorrow is for it to be cloudy with the chance of light rain showers.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morrrrrrrrrrning .....

Quiet morning ....