Feeling perky ... but cold


21st September 2018 (Friday) .... 08.30    It’s not the bonniest o’
Kinneuchar Station - 1960.
mornin’s, being overcast with a brisk breeze,....  and cold.    It’s the kind of morning when I want to leave my body in the Royal Burrow and go for a spin round the villages, then slide back into my body and have a kip.   However I can’t quite do that so I’ll set up the printer instead.... and then go for the paper and morning coffee.... in the cosy car.    I think we should get some sunny spells later in the morning.



20.30     At last I managed to get the printer installed in the computer;   wireless version, but it was a struggle.    The first time I tried was before going for the paper... and coffee (which I was in much need of).    The written instructions were not easy to decipher, so I used the software CD that came with the printer.    It had more than everything in it, unfortunately one important instruction came two clicks beyond where I got ‘stuck’.... for the third time.    I discovered this after I decided to browse forward on the CD;  this was  after Laura (Coffee House) had told me what I needed to do.   The printer is now wireless
Maggie - 1960.
operational ... all I have to do is try out the scanner part.   That I shall do tomorrow.
    
We’ve had a lovely day today, albeit colder than of late.    We did have a couple of showers so I didn’t get any work done in the garden.    Actually I couldn’t anyway because I twisted my knee and it has not been a happy knee ever since.   In fact I haven’t been down to the beach today, though I did set off with the beach in mind in the afternoon, but gave up by the time I got to John and Jenny’s house;  so I never got any ‘today’ photographs.   Hence the ‘black And white’ ones... of yesteryear.

Tomorrow I’ll have some practice with the printer;   including scanning stuff.   I might even try scanning some old photographs.... I have loads of them from way back.    Tomorrow’s weather is going to be much the same as today’s was, but windier.... and
Michael and Iain - 1965.
therefore probably colder.    I haven’t got a plan formulated for tomorrow;   I’ll see how the weather... and the knee is.    Tomorrow could be a rest day for ‘the boy’.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....