Hmmmmm ...


15th September 2018 (Saturday - 100 days till Christmas)    08.30 ....I
 Elie beach at midday.
had a quick look out at Wallace and Gromit time (06.00).... it was overcast then, and it still is now.    However sunny spells are mentioned in the weather forecast, also a light wind and not exceedingly high temperature.    Bring on the sunny spells.... I need something to activate me .... though I very much doubt if I’ll get any painting done.    Food? .... haven’t done that yet.   Orf to eat something.


20.00     Some light  rain started just after 18.00, .... and I am settling down for the night.    Prior to the rain we had a bonnie day.... a braw day for being on the beach, and I was pleasantly surprised to find the beach busy;  almost like summertime again.   I thought the villages were quiet.     I enjoyed a relaxing wander around the Cockstail
Earlsferry beach.... NB the threatening clouds.
rocks and a contemplative 15 minutes on John and Jenny’s seat.  
 
Back at Ivy I studied the photographs I’d taken on the beach, and decided that the clouds looked too threatening to get the paint out:   with hindsight I could have painted the shed door, and it would have been dry in plenty of time.... in fact I could have painted the whole shed again.    Not to worry;  the shed isn’t going anywhere, .... and neither is the paint.    Not unless I take the lid off the tin.


So ... let’s recap on what I have done today!     Papers and coffee in Harbour House;  did that.   Ate stuff;  did that.    Went to the beach;  yep ... did that.    Fell asleep in the Hutte while doing a Soduko.... did that.   Talked to Irene ... yes did that.    Paint the shed door ... didn’t do that.  On the face of it I’ve had a busy, and enjoyable day.   So
Threatening clouds from the Cockstail rocks.
why do I feel guilty?    Maybe I should have done the painting.

Actually I have some kind of cold coming on.... this calls for remedial action in the shape of a ‘Janice Toddie’... and a long lie in tomorrow morning.    The weather forecast has us down for light rain and brisk wind in the morning.   Yes .... the perfect forecast for a ‘JT ‘and a long lie in the Royal Burrow..

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....