Clearing sky .....


18th September 2018 (Tuesday) .... 09.00    Although it’s overcast with
Elie Harbour this morning.
light rain just now, we are to have sunny spells in the afternoon:  in fact there is a blue hole in the grey already.    It’s quite pleasant out, warm  (and damp right enough) with hardly any wind.    That is all going to change by tomorrow.



19.30    The weather did change , and we ended up with a lovely, albeit windy, afternoon and evening.   I went to the harbour after ‘morning coffee’ in Harbour House;  at that time it was overcast but dry, so, when it brightened up in the afternoon I went up to Chapel Green and had a walk around;  even though there was a brisk wind the air was not cold.    Quite a few people commented on this.   The villages are busy with holiday makers, and I had plenty of folk to talk to up at Chapel Green.

In the time between my visits to Elie harbour and Chapel Green Earlsferry, I had lunch, then decided to go shopping in Leven.    It was an impulsive kind of decision;  I
The Beacon, Earlsferry in the afternoon.
was feeling melancholy because at that time the sky was overcast, and I needed something to get me out of the doldrums.    By the time I’d driven  as far as Lundin Links I was in bright sunshine.

I enjoyed  leisurely stroll round Sainsbury’s, ending up with a varied selection of food ..... and goodies;  and then got back home to find the ‘Royal Burgh’ bathed in warm sunshine.    After a quick cuppa I took the car up to Chapel Green Road, and had my walk.    At that time the wind was F4 but it is due to increase to F7 – 8 by morning, and be accompanied by rain.   Our weather on Wednesday is not going to be pleasant.


22.00     ‘Saving Lives at Sea’ was an interesting watch on BBC 2 just now;  especially as our local Lifeboat  (Anstruther) was on a ‘shout’ to rescue a lady that had been injured when her foot slipped when doing ‘The Chainwalk’.    The inshore lifeboat was able to go in to Chain 4 inlet ... and help the lady (Alison) until the helicopter from Prestwick arrived to take her to Victoria hospital (Kirkcaldy).     This is a good inlet for diving off the rocks
Entrance to the Dome (Doom) Park - Earlsferry.
when the ride is in;   but definitely not easy to get an inshore lifeboat in because there’s a big rock in the middle of the inlet mouth.    Jimmy and I ‘played’ about there with the ‘Trusty’.    The ‘Trusty’ is the one I rowed out to the Beacon;  she also had an outboard motor, but that was not in use the evening  I did the Beacon.    Aye ... those were the days.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....