Cistern challenge ....


2nd September 2018 (Sunday) .... 08.30    We have an overcast sky.... in fact it’s a ‘threatening rain’ overcast sky;   but forecast to brighten up before lunch.    It
Setting sunlit Kinneuchar Kirk from Balcarres.
is not cold.  
 I’m not keen on ‘plumbing’ jobs but I like a challenge, and this cistern is that (a challenge).... and with You Tube to guide me I’m getting there.      Maggie was the forerunner of You Tube! xx    Must ‘go’... major ‘flap on’ this morning.

10.00    Cistern stripped ... photo taken of the faulty part... it’s a polythene flap thing;   I’m having a cuppa then I’ll try B ‘n Q’s (Leven) though I suspect I’ll need to go to a plumbers Merchants tomorrow.   However I need another tin of paint for the shed and  ‘The Hutte’ so the journey won’t be wasted.

11.15    That was a pleasant surprise .... thanks to a lassie in B ‘n Q’s, I found the part I was looking for (siphon, cost - £5.48)...  all I have to do now is put everything back together.   Hmmmmm ... yes that all I have to do.     I arrived back too late to go to Communion;  probably feel guilty about that tonight.   Hopefully the cistern will be working by then;   which should counteract the ‘guilt’ of missing Communion.   Complicated life I lead.    I’m having a cuppa before I get into action.    The first thing I’ll do is grease all vital bits:   I shouldn’t have to do this job again until I’m a 100.  
The Firth of Forth from Balcarres.
Oh .... and I remembered to buy another tin of ‘Ducksback’ Forest Green paint.



20.00    We’ve had a bonnie afternoon and evening;  I went up to Balcarres (in the car) for a change of scenery.    On the way home I stopped at the Toft for a browse.   
The cistern isn’t yet complete, although I do know that the new siphon works.    The pack that I bought this morning didn’t have a new ‘doughnut seal in it;   I assumed everything I required was in the pack.    I flushed the loo once with the old seal which was guaranteed to leak (it did).    George arrived just as I was trying to connect the water pipe to the cistern to hold the cistern in place... I thought.    Anyway we went to Leven, and bought the pack with the vital bits in it.    I’ll put it all back together tomorrow.     When we were in Leven we
Looking towards Earlsferry from The Toft, Elie.
went to Lidl’s where George bough some food;   I had done a shopping a couple of days ago so didn’t need anything.... but I saw plenty of succulents, and food,  that I might need later in the week. 
   
The bathroom floor etc has been washed,  so everything should be dry for working on tomorrow.   

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....