57th wedding anniversary .... ....


9th September 2018 (Sunday) ....  08.30    “Happy Anniversary” to “The Boss,  on our 57th wedding anniversary.    How time flies, and much has changed
Lunch time on The Boss's Seat.
during the flying of it.   I’ll have morning coffee on ‘Maggie’s Seat’ later, and mull over the changes.
Everything is wet after overnight rain, but it is not raining now;   there are blue patches beginning to appear, giving us sunny spells, ....and it isn’t cold.     It could be bonnie day by midday.

12.30    I’m exhausted after watching Mo Farah winning the Great North Run... for the fifth time in succession.    I’m now going up to Chapel Green (in the car) to have coffee and sandwiches for lunch.    I’m taking the car because there are showery looking clouds scuttling over;  I don’t think it will rain but I’m not going to take a chance .... like I did the other evening on the beach.


Enjoying the view from Chapel Green, Earlsferry.

16.30     I was down when I got up this morning, but, after lunch on Maggie’s Seat at Chapel Green, and after chatting to numerous visitors... the doldrums vanished and I was ready to go.   One of Maggie’s favourite runs on our anniversary, was a bumble along to Crail in the car, have coffee in the Cafe, then ‘home by the back roads’.   And that is what I did.    I went down the Hen’s Ladder to the harbour (that was hard work.... but not as hard as coming back up), took a few photographs, saw that there was a black cloud coming over and was back at the car just as it started to spit rain.    It was one, short, sharp and heavy shower, so I was a lucky boy.    It didn’t last long and I was  out of the rain by the time I got to ‘The Secret Bunker’.     We now have the makings of a nice evening.


19.00     I’m feeling brighter now;  anniversaries are always a mix of sad and happy memories.    I’m thankful for the time Maggie and I were together, .... but I left Chapel Green with a lot of ‘instructions’ to get things done before ‘JB’ arrives on the 4th October.    All in all I have enjoyed our anniversary... and I did enjoy ‘our’ trip to Crail.

Tomorrow morning is going to be busy;   Mike is going to fit the new toilet, I have two
Creel boat leaving Crail Harbour.
appointments at the surgery (within half an hour):  one with the Doctor and one with a Nurse.    The Doctor I’m hoping will inject some cortisone into my knee,... the nurse will remove some blood from my arm.    There’s a bit of ‘give and take’ with tomorrows appointments.   I’ll ‘rest’ in the afternoon.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....