Autumnal equinox ....


23rd September 2018 (Autumnal Equinox).... 09.00     I feel better, and
The Ferry beach at 08.00.
have been for a decent walk along the beach;   having said that my legs feel a bit shaky, like I’ve had the ‘flu.
 That would be annoying;  having the ‘flu two weeks before we get the ‘flu jab!   Anyway I feel better, and actually enjoyed having breakfast.   Now I need a cuppa before I consider what I’m going to do next.  
There’s a lovely, fresh autumn feel to the air this sunny morning;  we have the makings of a bonnie day, though it could feel cool in the fresh Northwest breeze.

09.45    Yes ... things are definitely back to normal in Ivy;   I found a bonnie trail of sandy footprints all the way from the front door, to ... well all over the place in Ivy.    Guess what I’m doing next?.... yep ‘ooverin’.     I do have a brush at the door to clean the sand off my shoes.... unfortunately I usually walk past it.


Lathallan Mill.
20.00      We’ve had a lovely day;  yes there has been a cool breeze, but nothing that a light jacket couldn’t  cope with.... and a woolly hat.     I’ve had a busy day.    I finished off some paperwork that needed doing,... and I made a temporary repair to the back door that will keep it working until I get a new door;   hopefully before the winter.    After I’d done all that it was lunch time.

With it being such a bonnie day I took the car up to Balcarres, and had a walk about the Lathallan Mill area.    It’s yeas since I last pottered about Lathallan Mill (corn and flour).    I forgot to have a look at the site of the mill dam;  that will be my next mission.    Douglas Dobbie was repairing the mill in the 1950’s because all the mill ‘machinery’ was in situ then.    I assume it will be more or less as he left it.   He died in the 1960’s.    I enjoyed my walk on what has been a really nice autumn day.    The Balcarres trees are beginning to change colour but it will be a week or two before they are in their full autumn colours.

We have a bonnie evening  which suggest that we will have another bonnie day
Balcarres Estate.
tomorrow.... albeit after a chilly start.    I have to go to Leven first thing, but I intend being back for coffee at Harbour House by 10.30.

I’m tired after all my exertions today, but I’m glad to be feeling back to normal again.  I will not be going out without some form of head covering again.   Which is what I did a week ago....  I should know better.   Ever since I had the shingles 18 years ago I cannot allow my head to get cold and wet.    The shower is fine .... it's hot.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....