Calm early morning ....


19th September 2018 (Wednesday) .... 09.00     It was surprisingly calm
Elie Bay this morning.
on the beach this morning after a lot of wind overnight.     However by the time I left the beach the wind was freshening, and it has started to rain;  ‘Storm Ali’ is beginning  to bumble his way in.   I met a lady on the way up from the beach, and, like me she was surprised at how calm it was.  

I ordered a new printer from Amazon last night;  it’s being delivered on Saturday/Monday.    The printer is cheap ... just under £40 (down from £59).... it’s then inks that are expensive.    I’ll buy compatibles online once I get the printer wired up.    Actually it’s ‘wireless’ so all I have to do is plug it in and log it into the computer .... I hope.


17.30      Well .... there is a serious lack of spider’s webs around after that wind, ... but there is a goodly number of fallen apples for ‘Blackie’ to peck his way through;  proving that it's an ill wind that doesn't blow somebody some good.    The wind has moderated over the past couple of hours, but it is still going to be breezy overnight and tomorrow.    Tomorrow should be a good drying day.  

Storm clouds gathering in the West.
Myra, Jim and I are going for a day trip to Dumfries House (naewhere near Dumfries the town) now a Charitable Trust but formerly the residence of the Earls of Dumfries.    Today Myra and I went to Dunfermline to reconnoitre the parking near the Bus Station.    Jim was i/c Sooper Dawg.     Or was it the other way round?    Anyway we found parking about 100 metres from Stance 1, where we join the coach ..... at 07.00.   
On the way to Dunfermline we drove through the worst of the weather;  in fact the wind and rain at the Halbeath Park and Ride was diabolical, but you are under cover once you are off the car park.

After a successful mission to view the parking, we did some shopping in M & S... and had a lite bite lunch.      The sun was shining by this time, though there was a frisky wind blowing ... about F8 -9.  A gust of 91.7 mph was recorded at Leuchars ..... and at the Tay Road Bridge, which was closed during the worst of the gale.
‘Storm Ali’, the first of the seasons named storms.


19.30    I’m tired tonight;   it must be the wild weather, because I haven’t been able to
Elie Bay this afternoon.
walk very far,.... though I did make it to the beach, .... and did a wee bit of walking in Dunfermline.    Tomorrow, though breezy, will be a better day for doing things.... long sunny spells are  mentioned in the forecast.    I’m going to work on some photographs;  something that I enjoy doing,.... it helps me relax.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morrrrrrrrrrning .....

Quiet morning ....