Bonnie autumn morning ....


12th September 2018 (Wednesday) ... 08.30    We have a lovely autumn
Elie church clock tower.
morning;   clear sky with a brisk, and, cool wind.    A perfect morning for walking the Coastal Path:  I’ll walk the Chapel Green part of the Coastal Path in the afternoon.     I might get the paint out later and finish painting the shed.... there’s only the door to do.    That will might happen after the sun warms up the air!



21.00     Everyone will be glad to know that the shed door got two coats of paint this afternoon.... as did the triangular bit of wall above the door.    I’m feeling very satisfied... and nearly tired after all the effort required to do this.    My knee is complaining, but that is because I had to go up step ladders (with great difficulty).    I’ll sleep well tonight.   My intention is to give this (the door) side of the shed another two coats tomorrow.... and that will be the shed finished for another few years.

Earlsferry sand dunes.
George dropped in for a cuppa.     While we were having said ‘cuppa’ , George convinced me that I should paint the door etc.... after the cuppa!     We studied the door in question from the comfort of the Hutte, and I decided that I’d ‘give it the works’.... slowly.     And that is what I did.

I’ve been reading all the furore about Serena Williams at the US Tennis Open.   All she, Serena Williams, did, was spoil the other lassie’s victory.   Serena Williams should have known better;  it happens to us all....  it’s called ‘growing old’:   and you can’t stop it.    On my tele it looked like she ‘lost it’ because the other lassie was winning.    Serena has  entertained, and thrilled us with her tennis many times;  it’s sad that she’ll be remembered for this tantrum. 

‘Plan’ for tomorrow?     I’ll have the papers and morning coffee ... and maybe some
Elie Bay this evening.
painting in the morning;   with the Drop in Cafe in the afternoon.   The weather forecast isn’t bad for tomorrow .... but there is a chance of showers in the morning.    Hmmmm .... maybe there won’t be any painting  done tomorrow.

I’m feeling tired tonight.... but also contented.    I went down to the beach in the evening;  it was bonnie but cool in the brisk wind.    The beach was quiet, not surprising really;  the main holiday season is past.     

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....