Productive mood ....


5th September 2018 Wednesday) .... 07.00    There’s a slight mist this
St Monans.
morning, but the forecast is for long sunny spells in the morning,....with the chance of a shower later in the afternoon;   this could be a good painting day, and I’m feeling productive ... wellll... reasonably productive.... my ‘knee bone’ feels like it’s connected to my ‘butt bone’.



20.30     I may have ‘felt productive’ but  ... ‘feeling’ never materialized into ‘being’.    In the morning I went for the paper, had coffee with George and Geoff (Myra and Jim are spending a few ‘romantic’ days in the Borders.   From Harbour House I went to St Monans to see what was happening there.    Two creel boats came into the harbour, and a few men were fishing off the end of the east pier;  apart from that St Monans was quiet.    By this time it was a sunny and warm day .... after the mist/fog of the early morning.

"Laura - Em" .... St Monans.
After lunch I set myself up to do some painting.... it was a perfect day for it.    I then felt guilty about the cistern, and phoned a plumber;   who is coming to finish the cistern tomorrow afternoon.    I no longer felt guilty...  but I do feel ‘older’;   as I now realised than yet something else was beyond my arthritic fingers.   I did a Soduko in the Hutte.      George arrived in mid afternoon, closely followed by Elizabeth.     Elizabeth brought a Memorial Book, that Robert, her son-in- law had made, containing photographs of Sapper.    The book is astonishing, and a brilliant tribute to Sapper who was one lovely, .... and a sadly missed dog.

I never did get the paint brush dipped into the paint;   so the shed will have to wait for another day.    I tidied up all the preparations I’d made for painting, and retired to Ivy:  by this time the sky was clouding over, and it was turning cooler.   I am a delicate boy!  
   
It’s going to be cooler tomorrow:  “tomorrow”? .... it already is cooler.    Anyway,
"Grouse II" - St Monans.
tomorrow is forecast to be cooler with sunny spells and a good chance of showers.   It doesn’t look like tomorrow will be a shed painting day.

“JB” is coming up to paint the front of .... oops .... for a holiday on the 4th October.   I will pick him up at Ferrytoll park and ride;  there are loads of regular buses from the airport to Ferrytoll:  and I might cause chaos if I went to the airport.  
 
You know I feel quite relaxed tonight;  not having to worry about the cistern.    I’m beginning to realise that oldness comes with limitations!    

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....