Lovely autumn morning ....


4th September 2019 (Tuesday) .... 07.30    There’s a chilly air this morning... 5c on the Ivy garden thermometer .... so very autumnal;   but the sun is
Bonnie autumn morning.
shining brightly, there’s only a light westerly breeze, and I’m feeling good.     My hips and knees are stiff but that will wear off when I get going.     It looks like I could get some painting done.... once the sun warms up the chilly air.    At this moment the beach is calling me ... I’ll have a short walk before breakfast.




20.00    Everyone has been commenting on how lovely the weather has been today .... and rightly so;   it has been sunny and warm all day.    That’s Bonnie Scotland weather;   miserable weather one day then sunny and warm the next.     Welll ... maybe not quite that ratio!

This has been an eventful day.     George was going to Leven to have his eyes tested so I went with him for the run;   I wanted to go to B ‘n Q’s.    I also bought six bedtime reading books from a Charity Shop in the High Street, and had coffee in Costa.    The Costa shop is north facing, so with it being such warm day, I went outside and sat on one of the seats (being metal they are cauld on the butt) and ‘people watched’.    One thing I did notice was that Leven still has its share of female smokers... some with
Wood pigeon on 'his' beach hut.
‘real’ fags, and others with the new electronic ones.    For some reason it also has more than its share of loud people:   it was interesting watching Leven go by.   I ended up talking to a man who sat down to, like me, enjoy the sunshine.    We both ‘people watched’ Leven.   Then George came out, blinking like a rabbit that’s bolted out of a dark burrow into bright sunlight:  he’d had some kind of drops put into his eyes for the test.   We went to B ‘n Q’s then home for lunch.

I wasn’t long home when a lady came to the door:  she, (Margaret is her name), had been walking her dog on the beach and had inadvertently locked the dog, and her car keys in the boot of the car.    We contacted the AA who sent a mechanic from Dunfermline:  he, the mechanic, got the car door unlocked and rescued the dog.    Unfortunately Margaret didn’t have a spare set of keys up here (she is on holiday from England) and this was the only way we could get the dog out of the car .... and
The Ferry High Street.
Margaret into it.    We’d covered the car with a dust sheet to help keep the temperature down for the dog.    It all ended well .... and Margaret had one of my infamous ‘Ivy Cottage’ coffee’s.... and her dog had a walk round Ivy garden.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....