Spectacular pre-sunrise sky ....

Elie Bay - 20 minutes before sunrise.
17th November 2017 (Friday) .... 09.00    Oh my word it was spectacular on the beach, just before sunrise time, this morning;  yes it was cauld, but to be ‘stood staunin’ watching it all happen;   that was exquisite.   From that you will have deduced that we have a bonnie morning, albeit windy and cauld, in Elie and Earlsferry.     Clouds have started to move over but rain isn’t mentioned in the weather for today.... but if you do go out you have to be wrapped up.


Balcarres Estate.
20.00    It has been a windy, dry and cold day, with good spells of sunshine.... a good drying day.    I didn’t have a washing to do!
In the morning I went up to go round Chapel Green with Jim and the dogs, but he was on his way home by the time I got up there;  it was very windy up at that end of the village.   Myra made us a coffee, before we went up to Harbour House, to join Geoff ....  for another coffee. 

I decided to get fuel for the car in the afternoon;  and, being up at Colinsburgh anyway, I went up to the Deil’s Lodge and had a walk down Balcarres Den.    It is a enjoyable walk ....and, especially so today, being sheltered from the chilly wind.    The den is looking autumnal now, with the road covered in a carpet of crunchy leaves.     The pond is full again and looked like a small version of a Sheffield Park lake. 
Balcarres Estate.
  Unfortunately, though sheltered, there was enough wind to ripple the water and take away the mirror look. 
 
Tomorrow we have the Guild coffee morning at 10.00 (in the Kirk Hall), always a favourite ‘CM’, with plenty home baking for sale.   I must remember to get along there sharp-ish;  the home baking stall is always popular.


The weather forecast for tomorrow is more or less the same as today.... bright, breezy and windy,... therefore... probably cold.    Apart from going to the coffee morning I have no ‘plan’.   I may wash the car, but only if the temperature is somewhere in the region of 10c;   having said that I’d probably use the hose  ... that wouldn’t involve me, getting my hands wet.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....