Jimmy's funeral ..... .....

20th November 2017 (Monday)    Hmmmm ... .we have a really dreich start to the morning, with rain of varying intensity, from Scotch Mist through to heavy;
Dreich morning .... and yes... I did get wet.
  I know this because I went for the ‘roond the Chapel’ walk.   There are ‘dry’ spells in the weather forecast, from midday,... and, at least it isn’t windy, (what little wind is from the East), ... nor cold.


19.30     Would you believe it .... the weather dried up, and, not only did we have dry spells, we even had sunny spells in the early part of the afternoon;   perfect weather for Jimmy’s funeral.    It was a beautiful Service, taken by our Minister, Rev Peter Mills ....... I sang both hymns, albeit quietly, (I cannae sing)... but gave it my best shot:  having said that, the singing was excellent as there was a big crowd in the kirk, to say ‘goodbye’ to Jimmy.   I want to take this opportunity to thank June and Lesley, Ronnie and Shirley, Audrey and John,  Ian and Gill for ‘taking me in as part of the family’,....  and for my being
Jimmy at a Toll Green event in the summer.
mentioned in the eulogy;  that was very kind, and thoughtful.    I appreciated that very much;  I feel quite emotional writing this .... as I did in the kirk.   A couple of deep breaths and I was, and am, ‘back on track’ again.   From the church we went up to Kilconquhar Castle for refreshments, food and goodies;  and a good old catch up chat.    Yes your Dad would be proud of you;  you gave him a grand send off:  exactly what he had in mind.    Love you all to bits. 
 
I ran Heather along to Markinch Station after the Castle;  we arrived there, in plenty of time to get her train for Edinburgh.... thence on to Durham, where Alistair was going to meet her.   Heather, Maggie’s sister, has had a busy day, having travelled up
KIncraig cliffs on a dreich morning.
from Durham in the morning.

It looks like tomorrow’s weather is going to be as it was today;  wet, with a dry spell in the middle:   actually the next couple of days has rain in the forecast:  not pretty.     I don’t have a ‘plan’ for tomorrow;   I guess I should wait until I see what the weather is like. 


Well .... I’m a tired boy and shall have an early night in bed;  however I’ll have a wee malt first;  and drink a toast to  toast ‘to my auld pal Jimmy’.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....