Snap! .... another dreich morning

22nd November 2017 (Wednesday) ... 08.30     Wellll .... the weather is as forecast;  wet and overcast.   I’m thinkin’ it’s a day for printing off, and writing, my
Elie this morning ... and afternoon ... and evening!
Christmas cards.    Ian, Jimmy’s son, phoned me to let me know that Jimmy has left me his car in his Will;  that is a pleasant surprise, though one I would have been happy to do without.    That said, I know the car, because I have been driving it around for a few years, so I’ll insure it and become a two car person .... for a very short time.    The Fiesta will go to the holiday camp for cars in Kirkcaldy....  eventually.

I’ve been out to feed ‘Blob’ and wondering when I’ll be able to take another sunrise photograph .... this rain is forecast to be with us until tomorrow morning!

Earlsferry High Street.
19.30     Mmmmm it has been damp.   In point of fact it started, to rain, at 07.30 and has been relentless ever since.    I went up to Elie, in the car, for the papers in the morning, but that was the extent of my outdoor activities;    most of the morning was spent on the computer.    I went into my Insurance Co. (Churchill) website and got a quote for insuring Jimmy’s car;  £256, fully comprehensive, so I’m happy with that.    
After lunch I wondered what I could do on a wet day that I couldn’t on a sunny one;  of course! .... take wet look photographs!    So, well wrapped up, and with a brolly, I took a walk round the Ferry with my wee Nikon, fit’s in the pocket, camera.    I got back to Ivy, feeling contented, with 29 pictures of wetness.   With hindsight I’d have gone out
West end of Earlsferry High Street.
earlier and taken in Elie too, but I don’t doubt that we’ll have more wet days.    Actually wet days are forecast to end tomorrow, and we’re to have sunny spells mixed with wetness for the next few days.    The ‘wetness’ could fall as snow on the high ground.

Jenny is coming along, from Dalgety Bay, for a morning coffee tomorrow;  it will be good to catch up with all her ‘news.    Hey .... I should be loaded with ‘news’ tomorrow;  it’s the Drop in Cafe afternoon,....  in the Toll Green Hall at 14.15.


This spell of rain should end in the early hours, and we will awaken to ‘cloudy with sunny spells’;   oh my word ‘sunny spells’!

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....