Bonnie, quiet morning .....

15th November 2017 (Wednesday) .... 08.30    We had a beautiful, calm sunrise .... everything seemed to be standing still;   except a flock of birds that
Sunrise this morning.
appeared to be flying  aimlessly; but there would be some ‘plan’ in the lead birds mind.... probably food, which involved finding a safe place to land on the beach.   Slight ‘flap on’ .... Jim and I are going dog walking at 09.10.


21.00      ‘Sooper Dog’ took Jim and me round Ruddons Point for our morning walk;  with there being only a breath of wind the sea was flat calm.    ‘Fruitful’, a Pittenweem boat, was dredging for scallops just off the point;  otherwise everything was quiet, and peaceful;  even the birds were lazing on the rocks.    Back at Elie we met Myra, at Harbour House, for morning coffee, and a chat.... a relaxing way to spend the morning.   I’m coming to
Elie from the pier.
terms with Jimmy dying.... but grieving has to run its course, and everyone has their own way of coping;   I walk, and get behind the camera lens.

'The Boy' had much to do in the afternoon:  I made a Dental appointment, bumbled up to the Elie shops, then along to Leven, to get Blob fodder and a few other vital supplies.... that I forgot to get yesterday.   Today I wrote a list!     When I got back to Ivy I ran completely out of steam, and fell sound asleep in front of the tele.... woke up with a stiff neck;   had a cuppa to celebrate feeling revitalized again, after I’d rattled the neck aboot a bit, then set about making a lamb casserole for dinner.    I’ll be in bed early tonight.

According to the weather forecast we should waken up to a wet morning;  but that
'Fruitful' - dredging for scallops in Largo Bay.

should rapidly clear away, to leave us with a ‘bright, sunny and cold’, late morning/afternoon. 
  
Tomorrow afternoon we have the ‘Drop in Cafe’....   Jimmy looked forward to his weekly visit to the ‘Drop in Cafe’;   sadly he won’t be there physically, but I know that he will be with us in spirit ..... and he'd expect us to blether away happily, as per usual. 


Photographs : Top – sunrise from the Cockstail rocks, Middle – Elie from the pier, and Bottom – ‘Fruitful’ dredging for scallops in Largo Bay. 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....