Jimmy ....

10th November 2017 (Friday) .... 08.30     There’s definitely a wintry feel to the air this morning ......  we have ‘bright,  breezy and windy’, with a cloudless
Carnbee kirk.
sky, and it is cauld.... with the wind chill factor knocking a few degrees off the temperature.    I didn’t go down to the beach at sunrise time .... though it was a bonnie, if plain, sunrise.   I was contemplating take a few photos of the moon but the cauld wind put me off so I had a cuppa instead.   I’ll jump in the car, after breakfast, and have a run up to Carnbee, to have a wander around the kirk area.... and be back in time for Jimmy's morning cuppa.



15.00    Sadly, I have bad news;  Jimmy died last night,  just two weeks after his 91st birthday..   He has been unwell, but that didn’t stop him enjoying life;    only yesterday afternoon he was at the ‘Drop in Cafe’, enjoying the banter to the full.    Just after I got back from my trip to Carnbee Kirk, Mary (Brown), Jimmy’s next door neighbour phoned to say that Jimmy’s blinds hadn’t been opened.    Mary had a key to Jimmy’s, but wanted someone to be with her when she went in.    We found Jimmy, as if sound asleep, in his recliner... no sign of struggle or anything.... sadly there was no pulse, and he was cold,.... having fallen into a deep sleep by the look of him .... a kind, and peaceful way to die.   I dialled ‘999’ then got in touch with Jimmy’s family.    Jimmy will be sadly missed in the community, and my thoughts are with his family, Ronnie and Shirley, June, Audrey and John, Ian and Jill, his Grandchildren, and his many friends, at this sad time.    I have to say that I am writing this in a state of shock, so I apologize for any errors or omissions.

 
Commemorative plaque.
20.00    Well ... this has been a sad and traumatic day.   I went for a ‘roond the Chapel’ walk  in the afternoon;  my way of coming to terms with ‘today’.   I sat on ... “Chrissie Mills”, “Alice’s”, and “The Boss’s” seats, the three seats that Jimmy used, though latterly he couldn’t manage round to Chrissie Mills’ seat.   It was a lovely afternoon for a walk, but windy.... however, Maggie’s seat (‘The Boss’) was sheltered so I sat there for a while.... coming to terms with Jimmy dying,  and  reminiscing.
Saturday and Sunday are forecast to be much the same as yesterday and today, perhaps, not quite so windy.  I don’t have a ‘plan’ for tomorrow but I’ll find something to do.... gardening is good;  if it isn’t too windy and cold.
Photographs : Top – Carnbee Kirk, Middle – the Gordonshall road, and Bottom – commemorative plaque on Carnbee kirk. 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morrrrrrrrrrning .....

Quiet morning ....