St Andrews Day .....

30th November 2017 (Yhursdat.. ..formerly Thursday) .... “Happy St Andrews Day” ... and Happy Birthday to Irene;  who is .... how ol ... oh my word!
Ferry Wynd .... the beach is at the bottom.

09.30    Mmmmm .... it’s cold, but not as windy as was forecast, not yet anyway.... so the wind chill factor isn’t that bad.    Having said that, though there isn’t a hard frost, the wind we have makes it feel like -4..... however I was well wrapped up, and  enjoyed a walk over to West Bay and back via the Chapel and the beach.

I’ll phone Jim in a wee while and see if he fancies a coffee at “Laura’s Place” in the morning;  we have the ‘Drop in Cafe’ in the afternoon.


Elie beach this morning.
17.00     Jim and I have had a busy day socializing, as above..... Harbour House (“Laura’s Place”) in the morning, then the Drop in Cafe in the afternoon.    Both places were busy, with plenty chatting.    In between I ironed the duvet cover, and pruned a fuchsia.    I’m not sure if it’s a fuchsia but it looked like one  .... it doesn’t look like anything now;   a bald, well scalped, bush.

The temperature dropped dramatically this afternoon ....  at least it felt that way, but it might have been caused by the wind chill factor, not an actual drop in temperature.    It was, and still is , cauld!     I have the heating set at 21..... usually I would have it at 19/20.

20.30    Tomorrow is forecast to be warmer and cloudier  with a chance of light rain
Elie Bay 12 years ago today .... not much has changed.
later;   I’d prefer, bright, cold and dry... like today.    I don’t have anything ‘planned’, but Jim and I will go to ‘Laura’s Place’ for morning coffee, ....  we’ll be in Elie for the paper..... and, with Myra busy elsewhere,  the boy’s will be leaderless.     That’s not good!


I’m going to spend the remainder of today on my Christmas cards:   I need to get the overseas one winging on their happy way.    The weather, in different parts of the country has been wintry, and traditional Christmas card like;  even London had some flakes of snow.    We didn’t.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....