Cold hands ....

24th November 2017 (Friday) ... 08.30    Beautiful, crisp morning .... cold on the hands when hanging out a washing when it’s frosty.    I’m hoping that the
Brrrr .... it was really cold this morning.
sun lifts the frost quickly, and the washing dries in the brisk wind.    ‘Slight flap on’ .... we’re walking the dogs at 08.45.



19.30      Some parts of Scotland woke up to snow this morning, but we didn’t;  but it has been cold.... and there was a light dusting of snow on Largo Law.    Jim and I had a braw walk, with the dogs, in the shelter of Shell Bay woods.   Jim dropped me off at Ivy then went home to pick up Myra, picked me up again, and the three of us then went to Harbour House for Morning Coffee.    Myra had photos of Jim her in their young days;  if Myra hadn’t said who was in the photographs I wouldn’t
Busy sky over the Firth of Forth.
have recognised either of them.   I guess the fact that they were both considerably younger, and Jim didn’t have a beard deceived me.

I fell sound asleep after lunch for nigh on an hour;   the cold air must have tired me out.    I eventually got into gear and emptied the car (Fiesta) then went for a turn to Elie via Kinneuchar and Balbuthie Loan, to get the paper .... and milk.   I’d noticed that there was a busy, and interesting sky when driving along the A917, so diverted myself down to the harbour to get a few photos of said sky.

Back up in Elie, and moored up outside the shops,  I took a few shots of the late afternoon sun on Elie Kirk;   at that juncture I met Moira, who was going into the ‘Paper Shop’ to get her paper.... and some rations for Sharon and Gary.    I took a few more shots of Elie Kirk when I came out of the shop ..... the Kirk looked slightly darker,
Elie Kirk in late afternoon sunlight.
before bumbling back home.

Sunset was at 15.51 today, but I didn’t go down to the beach as I had my washing to attend to;  and it wasn’t going to be a spectacular sunset.      My hands were frozen bringing in the washing;  washing that was  only half dry.


Tomorrow looks like being another cold day, but dry with interesting clouds.    I plan to go shopping at some point, but that’s not necessarily tomorrow.   I’ll see what the weather is doing.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....