Snow in the West of Fife ....

25th November 2017 (Saturday) .... Mmmmmm .... there is a covering of snow to the West  etc, but we only have  frost;  and a cold wind.    Having said that, it’s
Lovely ....  but cold.
a bonnie morning, and I have been for my beach/Chapel Green walk.... well wrapped up I might add;  and well ready for a hot cuppa when I got back to Ivy.     No plans for today.... I have an ironing to do .... that’s a warm job.



20.30    I’ve had a funny sort of ‘day’.... I couldn’t get right into anything at all.   Perhaps it’s the weather, but I have felt ‘down’ all day.    No... I tell a lie;    I decided to dismantle one of the living room chairs, and, when I was doing that I felt  positive.    It’s great what a bit of dismantling can do to the morale.    The original plan was to dismantle both chairs and keep the sofa;   I think I might stick to that.    Anyway today I dismantled one of the chairs and ordered a red tartan orthopedic chair to replace the dismantled one.   The original ‘plan’ was to get two tartan chairs;   actually I might still do that.    The new chair(s) will be easier to get out of when I’m old!    
Frosty Ferry beach
The door bell rang when I was in mid dismantle mode;   it was Eleanor delivering an invite to the Christingle Service  at Colinsburgh, on the 17th December.... and a ‘Trinity Tribune’ newsletter.     I needed a break, but the living room was somewhat ....  er ... untidy?    We chatted about ‘kirk things’ ... and did mention chair dismantling and why it was being done.    Ron came to rescue Eleanor.    The reason for taking the chair to bits was, to get it out, and into the car to take to the recycling place at Pittenweem.      At first I thought it might be a tricky job, however,  once you’ve removed the covering and stuffing (a sharp Stanley knife is the only tool required for that), you are left with one ugly ‘chair’ frame:  remove one side of said frame, and the rest more or less falls to bits once you’ve given it a good rattle about.   A heavy hammer and an axe can be useful for this part of the job;  there's not much finesse
Largo bay.
required!    I was left with three bags of covering/stuffing and a heap of useless wood and broken springs.... oh ... and a space where the chair used to be.    I hoovered up the mess, had lunch.... then became ‘down’ again so I went for another walk;  following the same route as I’d done in the morning.    It was still cold and windy.

Even after two walks, and one chair dismantling session, I was ‘down’ so I went to Sainsbury’s and did a shopping.... and fell in love with the check out lassie.   So that was good.    However the edge was taken off that love affair when I suddenly
 remembered that Scotland were playing Australia;   I missed it!

Tomorrow is forecast to be ‘bright, windy and cold’.    My ‘plan’ is to go to the kirk (Kinneuchar) and have a blether over a cuppa then go to the Service.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....