Hectic day ....

3rd November 2017 (Friday) ... 07.30    Mmmmm ... it is rather bleak looking this morning;   that’s the mirror .... the weather is the same!  At least it is dry,
The Firth this morning.
and ‘bright spells’ are forecast;  for both!    There aren’t any coffee mornings today, so I’ll have one of my own concoctions when I get back from visiting the ‘girls’.... actually, if the weather remains dull I might bake a round of scones, .... to go with the coffee.


21.00     This has been a hectic day for ‘the boy’;   I decided to go to Sainsbury’s to do a shopping, then found, when I got back to Ivy, that I’d have to go to Anstruther PO, so it has been all ‘go’ today.  When in Anstruther I had a walk out on the Middle Pier to get a few photos of the Fisheries Museum boats that are on the pier for the duration of winter.   There was a strong wind blowing at the time... so it was freezin’ out there.
When I went up to feed the ‘girls’ at midday I took Jimmy with me;   he wanted to see Gordonshall, a place he hadn’t seen for many years.    He also said “hello” to the ‘girls’.    I should have pointed out that six, of eight, ‘girls’ are rescue ‘girls’ .... having been rescued, by Sandy and ‘M’, from the barbaric conditions of factory style, mass egg production.   They, the ‘girls’ are now living in luxury, enjoying the best of grub and conditions:  changed days indeed.   Jimmy was shocked to see them,....  I had seen rescued hens before;  Jackie and Iain (Auchnagatt) had rescue hens.    They will of course look bonnie once they grow in their new feathers .... right now they are having a ‘bad hair day’.   I have bad hair days much of the time.   It horrifies me when I see how
Fisheries Museum boat.
low the human race can sink when it comes to the treatment of our fellow residents of Mother Earth.    Even today hens are still living in hellish conditions, producing so called ... ‘cheap’ eggs.   ‘God’ must often regret putting the human race on this lovely Planet!    Thankfully there are people working to improve conditions for the hens.... and people like Sandy, ‘M’, Jackie and Iain, all over the UK giving ‘girls’ a chance to be ‘... well just ‘girls’.    Oh .... they, the ‘girls’,  produced three eggs per day for the past three days.... their way of saying “thank you” perhaps.
  
From the ‘girls’ (Balmonth) I took Jimmy along to Gordonshall to see a place he last saw when he was an apprentice .... and  .... that wasn’t yesterday!    Gordonshall House has had an extension added, and the farm buildings look different to when Jimmy last saw
'White Wing' ....  Fisheries Museum.
the place.   We then bumbled down, past Gordonshall Cottage,  to Carnbee, and then home.

Jimmy and I are looking forward to the Coffee Morning in Earlsferry Town Hall tomorrow, at 10.00 .... we were there a couple of weeks ago, me having got the date wrong.

The weather is going to be brighter tomorrow .... and colder in the brisk wind.    Rain isn’t in the forecast for us, but a shower might drift our way later.


Photographs : Top – it looks like the ‘sooth side’ was the place to be this morning, Middle  and Bottom – two of the Fisheries Museum fishing boats.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....