Peaceful morning .....

21st November 2017 (Tuesday) .... 10.00     My word .... it is bleak
Even on a dreich day the auld place is bonnie ... and peaceful.
looking this morning;  overcast and wet.    Though not actually raining it has been, and looks like it could  again, at any time:  not the kind of weather to wander out in.   (Hmm .... that has to be an oxymoron).     That said I have been out for a walk, and although overcast, I enjoyed the mood;  even on a grey day  the auld place has much to offer in the way of peace, .... and contentment.


  22.00    The weather remained dour all day, although we did have a slight clearing of the sky in the afternoon.    The ‘sooth side’ looked brighter and might even have had sunny spells.

Elie this morning.
When the weather did ‘slightly brighten up’ I went along to Elie in the car, got the paper, had a walk around the harbour, then went up to Kinneuchar to the ‘Quiet Garden’.... and took a few photos of Jimmy’s flowers.    The loch was covered in mist so I photographed that to bits,.... before driving home via Balbuthie Loan.    When I got back to Ivy I decided to go for a walk along the beach .... I then extended the plan to take in ‘roond the Chapel’ walk, because I felt in need of the exercise.    On the beach I watched a small flock of Sanderling feed at the tides edge.     Sanderling have a distinctive way of feeding;  they are fast runners, running down behind a receding wave, then running back up again in front of the incoming wave, feeding on worms and small invertebrates in the sand that have been disturbed by the water.
A crack in the grey sky this afternoon at Kilconquhar.

On Sunday evening I ordered some more blank cards to print off on an inkjet printer, and was pleasantly surprised when they were delivered this evening:  I didn’t expect them until tomorrow at the earliest.

The weather forecast for tomorrow ... and Thursday .... is not good;  overcast and wet.   At least we’re not bothered with dust.    With this forecast I don’t have a ‘plan’ ... I’ll go out if, and when, the weather is at its most benign.   We might get a dryer spell around midday.... that seems to be the norm just now.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morrrrrrrrrrning .....

Quiet morning ....