Crisp autumn morning .....

6th November 2017 (Monday) ... 09.30    we’ve had a touch of frost,  giving us one of those lovely, bright and crisp, autumn mornings;   a real walkers
Sunrise time on the Ferry beach.
morning.    Having said all that, the sky is beginning to cloud over from the West, so the ‘bright’ part of the weather forecast is going to be short lived .... but it should remain dry.   I’ve already been down to the beach for my morning ‘fix’, of  relaxing Elie and Earlsferry-ness,.... now I feel like a stick of dynamite without the fuse;   dynamic,...  that’s the word I’m looking for .... I feel dynamic!


19.30    I don’t quite understand ‘me’ .... today, I have been in the mood to do work things around Ivy;  this is unusual.    Normally I’d want to do ‘play’ things, but,
Elie this afternoon.
because I was in a working mood, that is what I did ... worked around Ivy.   I did an ironing that I had been leaving for a rainy day, stripped and changed my bed, and cleaned out the rhones along the back of Ivy,.... cleaning the rhones involved climbing a ladder, and this I did ‘nae bother’;    which, a couple of months ago, would have been hard work.   I am much pleased by this ... though whether I’ll continue with the ‘work thing’ tomorrow remains to be seen.

By the middle of the afternoon I was in the mood to go out, so I jumped into the car and went down to the harbour;   by this time the sky was heavily overcast, and there was brisk wind blowing so my trip to the harbour was not the longest, and all harbour
Windy Elie harbour.
photos were taken from the lee side of the granary.    I met Jimmy going down to the harbour as I was going home;   I put the kettle ‘on’ as soon as I got to Ivy, and it came to the boil a couple of minutes before Jimmy arrived.

It looks like we will be wakening up to a dull, damp, morning.... but the rain should clear away and we might get a few sunny spells later in the afternoon.    I don’t have a ‘plan’ for tomorrow, I’ll come up with one when I see what the weather is doing.   Jenny, JB’s Mum, is coming along for a cuppa about 11.00 so I guess a spot of ‘ooverin’ and dustin’ wouldn’t go amiss.


Photographs : Top – The Ferry beach at sunrise time, Middle – The Terrace, Elie this afternoon, and Bottom – a windy harbour.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morrrrrrrrrrning .....

Quiet morning ....