Raining .... bad hair day ...

7th November 2017 (Tuesday) .... 08.00    as forecast we have rain .... but the rain should move away around mid morning, leaving us with “overcast, but
Elie from Chapel Ness.
dry... with the chance of a bright spell” in the afternoon.    This is a good morning for getting my haircut .... so I’m going to Leven.    I’ll do a wee shopping when I’m there.   The rain is fairly heavy therefore no walk on the beach.... well not until afternoon.


  22.30    Well I did eventually get a haircut, but not when I went along first thing in the morning;   at that time the salon was up to the eyeballs with ladies having their hair done with aluminium and stuff.    The receptionist gave me a 12.30 slot.... so I went to Stuart’s for a cuppa, to formulate a ‘plan’ of action.    I decided to go to Sainsbury’s, where I’d fuel up the car and do some shopping.  Sainsbury’s petrol station was full up, with cars queuing, when I got there so I decided that I’d fill up at Colinsburgh on the way home.     I did the shopping, and on the way out of the car park saw that the petrol station was empty!    Now I was faced with new problems;   a choice of four lanes... and 10 pumps.   I chose Lane 1/pump No 3.    The boy has been decisive today!

Sunset sky over Earlsferry.
Back at Ivy, well stocked up with goodies and some real food, I put the kettle on.    Jenny, JB’s Mum, was coming along for a cuppa, and Jimmy would be arriving too, after his morning bumble ‘roond the Chapel’.   Jimmy duly arrived, and we enjoyed a chat about our ailments, before Jenny arrived;   Jenny had bumbled her way along the scenic route from Dalgety Bay.     It was good catching up with Jenny’s news, but my haircut time meant that it was going to be short visit.   Actually, with hindsight, Jenny could have gone for a walk along the beach, while I went for the haircut;   ‘cos I’d be ‘there and back’ within an hour.   Anyway I phoned Jenny when I got back, hoping that she’d gone to Ainster, but she was in Kirkcaldy, so we’ve arranged to meet another day when I’m not ‘flappin’.

In the afternoon I went up to Chapel Green for a daunder around the rocks;   this was
Sunset sky over the Firth of Forth.
during the ‘sunny spell’.   There was a cold wind blowing from the Northwest so I didn’t linger too long up there.    Later in the afternoon,  I went down to the beach to get the sunset sky;  which was spectacular!    It’s the quarter of an hour after the sun drops below the horizon that the real magic happens .... the sky can be bonnie before sunset but the reds etc happen after the sun goes down.

Jim and Jimmy came along for our Tuesday evening cuppa and chat.   Once again the subjects covered were varied, and usually about events from our young days.

Photographs : Top – Elie from Chapel Ness rocks, Middle -  Sunset sky over Earlsferry beach, and, Bottom – the sunset sky over the Firth of Forth from the Ferry beach.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....