Elie kirk ....

5th November 2017 (Sunday)  .... 08.30     Hmmmmm ....‘wall to wall’ blue sky this morning, and the forecast is good for the whole day..... another day for
Jimmy and Jim.
getting out and about.    I haven’t been out yet, having ‘slept in’ (didn’t even hear Wallace and Gromit at 05.35), and didn’t get out of bed until 07.45.  The shower woke me up, and I am now activated.... with a washing going through the machine;   and I am fired up and ready to ‘go’;   though I haven’t had my breakfast yet.    Must ‘go’ .... I need food!


20.30    Our Minister, Rev Dr. Peter Mills, is a real tonic;  the church service has been transformed into an interesting and entertaining hour.   Not only does he preach, he picks up his guitar and entertains the congregation:  regrettably he is retiring at Easter, and the linked congregations of St Monans and East Neuk Trinity will be looking for a new Minister.... hopefully another guitar playing one!    From this info you will have deduced that I was at the kirk this morning... as was Jimmy.   After the kirk I joined Jim and Myra for a coffee in the Harbour House.    Since then I have been ‘lazy’ .... well not quite, but I haven’t been anywhere.... not even down to the beach.   I did remember to bring in the washing.

At anchor off Dysart.
In the afternoon I decided to make the camera ready to take photographs, of the rising moon, from Chapel Green;  unfortunately I got moon-rise time wrong.   I thought moon-rise was at 16.23;  which time was in fact sunset:  moon-rise wasn’t until 17.45.   Because the temperature had dropped to just above freezing, I decided to wait until the moon was high enough in the sky to get a few practice shots from outside the Hutte;   to see how the chosen camera settings work, and to change them if necessary. 
   
Jimmy came along for an afternoon cuppa and a blether;  he had been down at the harbour but never left the warmth of the car..... however he did say that the harbour area was busy with sightseers.

I can hear fireworks, banging away in the distance... right enough it is the 5th, though
The moon ... a practice shot.
why we celebrate a failed mission I don’t know.

The weather forecast to be cloudier tomorrow after a cold and bright start .... but dry.

Photographs : Top – Jimmy and Jim at the East entrance to Elie kirk, Middle –  moored off Dysart, waiting to dock at  Grangemouth, and Bottom -  practice shot of the moon tonight... one day after full moon.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....