Absolute cracker of a morning ....

19th November 2017 (Sunday) ... 09.30    My word .... I was tired last night, and slept like a log..... and slept ‘in’;   but  managed to get up for sunrise time
Morning walk.


on the beach.    In fact I was on the beach 40 minutes before sunrise time, watching the sky gradually change... that’s the ‘magic’ time;   the half hour before the sun rises.    In point of fact it’s not the sun that rises, it’s the Earth that spins round, making the sun appear to ‘rise’.   This morning’s ‘sunrise’ was, like yesterday’s, 5 minutes late .... the actual event having taken place behind clouds;  however the sun appearing above the clouds was bonnie, albeit late.... and a lassie walking her dog came along the beach at the perfect time to bring life into the ‘shot’ .... braw.

Half an hour before sunrise.
20.30    Iain and I have had a quiet day;  Iain set up his camera to take photos of the birds in the morning, and I ordered more blank cards, and other stuff, on the computer ... then printed off some more Christmas cards. 
 
 In the afternoon we took Iain’s car through car wash at Leven, after which we went to Sainsbury’s’ to do a mini shop.    By the time we got back to the Ferry, although the sky had clouded over, the wind had dropped;  it looked, and was agreeable, so I went for a walk in the gloamin’, while Iain sorted out his bird photos.
 
Iain and I are organised for Jimmy’s funeral .... everything seems to have moved so
The Ferry beach at sunrise time.
swiftly since Jimmy died, and  tomorrow we will see Jimmy into his last resting place, ....  I’ll always have happy memories of bumbling along to Leven, on a spur of the moment decision, to visit the ‘Cheap Shop’ then ‘over the road’ to Sainsbury’s for a cuppa.   
 The weather forecast for tomorrow isn’t very good .... rain, but very little wind, however it could be dry in the middle part of the day.... for the interment.  
 

If it’s raining in the morning I’m thinking I won’t get out for a walk .... it’s a good job I went after we got back from Leven.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morrrrrrrrrrning .....

Quiet morning ....