Remembrance Sunday .....

12th November 2017 (Remembrance Sunday) .... 09.00    Although cold, there’s a touch of frost, it’s a lovely morning;   however it will be cold at the War
Kilconquhar War Memorial Wreath laying ceremony.
Memorial (Kilconquhar 11.00), so I will be well wrapped up.

I’ve been down to the beach for a short, pleasant, walk,....  along an empty beach;  I’ll go for a longer walk in the afternoon.    Slight ‘flap on’ .... the kettle should have boiled.


21.00    This year’s Remembrance Service (at Kilconquhar) was, in my opinion, the best one I have ever attended:  the weather was perfect... cold, but not freezin’,  a big crowd;  and I found a vantage point from which to take  photographs of the Act of Remembrance and wreath laying.   The sun was a bit bright for really good photographs... creating light faces, and dark shadows in sections of the crowd,.... but I am very happy with the results of today’s effort.   

Kilconquhar War Memorial Wreath laying ceremony.
After the wreath laying part of Remembrance, the Service, in the church, taken by ‘our’ Minister Rev. Peter Mills (St Monans), was outstanding:  Rev Mills is an exceptional minister.   I left the church feeling relaxed, which is a good feeling, after the trauma of Jimmy dying.

Strangely enough, and perhaps I shouldn’t admit to this, but in the afternoon, while watching part of the film Heidi, there came a sad(ish) part in;   I started to 'greet'.    Normally sad films don’t bother me... they are only make believe, but today I had a good old blubber (I don’t think I’m hero material).   Losing Jimmy had finally caught up with me.   However, I feel better after that good old fashioned ‘greet’. 
 
Tomorrow I think I’ll have trip into Leven.   Louise, one of the carer’s along at the
Girl Guides wreath laying team.

Windmill was fond of Chris and Jimmy;  she now works at a care Home in Methil, so I’ll go and leave a message for her.    I don’t know where she and her husband live, but I do know where she works.    I shall also endeavour to find someplace to have a cuppa!

The weather forecast for tomorrow is a bit disappointing .... cloudy with a band of rain moving over later in the morning.... hence the trip to Leven.

Photographs : Taken at the Kilconquhar War Memorial this morning. 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....