Slept until 'Wallace and Gromit' fired up .....

11th October 2016  (Tuesday) .... 10.30    and we have a mostly overcast morning, and there must have been showers overnight, as everything was wet... and
Elie - 15 minutes before sunrise.
still is, so no gardening!     I am not much upset by this.

For some reason I am feeling great... I feel like ‘me’, instead of being outside ‘me’, looking on:   I like being ‘me’.    The dizziness yesterday was most likely caused by me being out, for so long before breakfast.    Right enough... this morning I didn’t get ‘up’ until Wallace and Gromit fired up at quarter to seven.... I showered etc. and had a cuppa before going down to the beach for 20 minutes:  and I’m feeling excitable.

       22.30     I’ve just had the sad news that my friend Cecily, has died.    Cecily and I kept in touch, mostly by e-mail, with the occasional visit to have coffee and a chat.     It was Cecily who pointed me in the right direction when it came to making coffee... “Albert... you could do with putting more coffee grains in the mug”, was how she put it.   We went to the
art class up in Elie school for three years, 1970 – 73 I think it was;   Cecily was a
Elie beach at sunrise
really good artist, in fact there were a lot of good artists in the class, but she excelled.    Unfortunately poor health, over that past few years, meant she couldn’t paint, and she gave me her box of oil colours a few years ago.    When I updated the Hutte very late, on the 6th, I remember thinking “Cecily must be unwell ... otherwise she would have e-mailed me to find out why the Hutte hadn’t been done!”   She always did this if I was late.... wondering if I was alright.   Cecily was a really good friend to me, and Maggie, for many years.... and she made the best ‘millionaires shortbread’ in the world.   She would e-mail me and say “I have been making ‘naughty’ (millionaires SB) today”... cue for Alberto to go along for a coffee.    Yes I’ll miss Cecily very much;   my thoughts are with her family and friends at this sad time.
Early morning walkers on Elie beach.


We have had a few heavy showers in the afternoon;  in fact Jimmy and I drove through one on the way home from Leven.    Jimmy needed a haircut.  The remainder of the afternoon I spent pottering around Ivy.

It is forecast to be ‘cool and cloudy with showers’ tomorrow.   I had intended biking along to the “Friendship Lunch” tomorrow, but that will depend on how the showers have ‘developed’.

Photographs : Top – Elie beach fifteen minutes before sunrise, Middle – Elie beach at sunrise time, and Bottom – two walkers enjoying an ‘Elie beach’ sunrise.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....