Peaceful ....

21st October 2016 (Friday)    10.00 .... it is a really nice, quiet morning;   what little wind there is from the West, so it is not cold.     At this time the sky is overcast, but the sun will
Earlsferry
break through later:   we should end up with another lovely, sunny afternoon. 

For some inexplicable reason I feel like doing ‘work stuff’ .... so I swept the leaves off the pavement, and street outside Ivy.... and the next door houses.    I blame the ‘pills’ .... not for the leaves;   for me feeling like doing this!    Bizarrely I actually felt ‘happily satisfied’ after doing it:   sometimes I wonder about ‘me’.    Now I’m thinking I should do the whole village.   Yep ... I need a cuppa!

21.30     Instead of my more normal, ‘thinking about working’, I‘ve been ‘working without thinking’.... and enjoying it.    There is no doubting it;  this has got to be a ‘side effect’ of the ‘pills’.   A daud o’ paper did come with the pills but I haven’t read it...all I know is that they (the pills) seem to be doing their ‘job’.    Having said, that they do ‘hit me for six’ for five to six hours after I take them (I have to take two in the morning, and one in the evening).   For that first six hours I stay within easy reach of Ivy ‘cos I feel dizzy and nauseous.... after 13.00 I feel fine.

My whole morning was spent working outside Ivy:  the leaves I have already mentioned,...  the next ‘job’ was to wash the ‘bloo’ bucket after it was emptied;   luckily that was early.    That reminds me, it (the ‘bloo’ bucket, is still ‘stood staunin’ with the lid open, I’d better go and close it in case it rains
Fun on the Cockstail rocks - Earlsferry's second 'pier.
overnight.   Although the weather forecast does not mention rain, the “God of Rain and Serious Dampness”, could easily see that the bucket lid is open and send a cloud over to fill it!     The “God of Rain and Serious Dampness” works in conjunction with “The God of Weeds and Seeds” when it comes to Ivy Cottage.   Now I’ve forgotten where I was? .... yes ...got it:  I’m orf to close the ‘bloo’ bucket lid!    I’m back .... now that is done I might be able to sleep tonight!

My last ‘mission’ of the morning was to wash the window sills and I’d just reached the halfway mark when Jimmy arrived desperate for a cuppa:   it hard been hard work walking round the “Alice’s Seat” this morning.    Growing auld is hard work;  no that’s not quite correct:   Growing older can be fun .... it’s just the ‘side effects’ that
Elie beach
come with it that can be ‘hard work’.    Anyway I finished the window sills after Jimmy went home, then had lunch.

You won’t believe this:   I am feeling guilty?     Why?..... because I didn’t go down to ‘my’ beach this morning:   I chose to do ‘work stuff’ instead!     I don’t like this remorseful feeling, so I’ll be down on the beach tomorrow morning;  the weather is forecast to be brighter tomorrow, than it was today, but .... with showers creeping in from the North Sea.  


Photographs : Top – Earlsferry beach, Middle – the Cockstail rocks, and Bottom – Elie beach:  all three photos taken at, ‘sunset time’.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....