Sainsbury's shopping .....

6th October 2016 (Thursday) .... 22.00     Jings I got that excited down on the beach this morning that I forgot to update the Hutte:   I’m sorry about that... silly,
Twenty minutes before sunrise time at Elie.
and ‘naughty’, boy. 

 We didn’t have a spectacular sunrise, in fact the sun ‘rose’ ten minutes late due to a bank of cloud on the horizon;  no, it wasn’t the sunrise that was bonnie this morning, it was light all around as the sun crept up from New Zealand, and all points south.    I was down on the beach half an hour before sunrise time (07.27) because that is when you sky slowly becomes ‘alive’... from grey’s through to the brightness of the fully fired up sun.... and all the subtle colours that come in between;   it’s magic.    No wonder Pagan’s worship the sun, moon and stars.     
Twenty minutes after sunrise time.
Watching all this happen is makes you realise just how amazing the Universe, and our Planet is;    and we humans could destroy it all.   If  humans ‘saw’ all the beauty that surrounds them, instead of playing with guns, our planet would be paradise indeed.

After feeding “Puku”... he was hungry by the time I got back to Ivy,.... I decided to go to Sainsbury’s to do a proper ‘shopping’.   The ‘Emergency Rations’ tin is normally full of chocolate biscuits!... this morning, much to “Puku’s” consternation, it was empty!    Not only that, I was down to the last two biscuits of Shredded Wheat;  and they were eaten at breakfast time.    The freezer had ‘food’ in it, but nothing exciting.
I left Sainsbury’s with a trolley full of proper food, and a healthy(?) stock of
Sunset time at Earlsferry.
‘Emergency Rations’.    You’d think reading this that I don’t eat fruit, but fruit comes under the ‘proper food’ section on my list!... and I bought loads.    Oh ... I also bought my first ‘Mince Pies’ of the Christmas season.   Yes I’m well stocked up with the “Puku” loving’ calories... all heavily disguised as lovely, ‘must have’ food.

We had the Drop in Cafe in the afternoon;   Gareth was i/c this afternoon.   This involved a lot of saluting and grovelling etc before we got our tea, but it made for a happy afternoon.    Jimmy and I went down to the Harbour to see what was happening down there ..... nothing was happening;  except me taking a few photos.

Elie and Earlsferry War Memorial
The Elie War Memorial is now lit up at night time so I went along to take some practice pictures:   I’ll take the ‘real’ ones when the kirk clock is working again.   It, the kirk clock, is  awaiting repair so is only at the correct time twice a day... midday and midnight.   When it’s at the correct time I can show one of the faces in the photo.


Pictures : Top – twenty minutes before sunrise time, Next – twenty minutes after sunrise, which happened behind the clouds, Next – Earlsferry beach at sunset, and Bottom – the lit up War Memorial.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....