Sunny and warm morning .....

8th October 2016 (Saturday) ... 09.30    It was cold when I wrapped up and went out before 07.00;  by the time I was walking along the beach on the walk
Earlsferry 
home (08.20), and meeting people,  I felt ever so slightly ‘overdressed’, on what was by now a lovely warm morning.... wearing gloves, warm jacket, and a scarf.   Yep I was sweltering;  but the easiest way to carry all the ‘clothes stuff’, was wearing it.... and Ivy Cottage wasn’t that far away.    It is a lovely day now;   I’m thinking that I might go out again after breakfast.


22.00     I did eventually go out on the bike.... up to Elie Estate boathouse, from where I watched Pinkfoot geese landing on;  then taking off from ...  Kilconquhar Loch.     One
Elie Harbour and beach
skein settled for about 10 minutes, another skein came in but only settled for a couple of minutes:  they were ‘flighty’ for some reason.    This was in mid afternoon so they weren’t settling down for the night:  they might have decided that they needed another ‘snack’ before bedtime!    There were some bonnie clouds beginning to build at this time;  making the scene in front of me look, and sound, ‘magical’.     

The clouds kept building and we had a real beauty over Elie just before sunset... the setting sun coloured the face of the cloud a pale ochre .... it looked menacing.    The menacing look was offset by a rainbow at the southern end of the cloud.    Rainbows mean ‘wet stuff’ and sure enough spits and spots of rain did begin to fall, but only a few spits and spots ... but enough to have me heading back to
Shower cloud over Elie Bay.
Ivy.     The ‘rain’ never came to anything so I got the camera out again and wandered up to the ‘Pony Field’ to watch the sunset.
Jimmy and I will be on a mission tomorrow morning:   restocking his freezer, which had been inadvertently switched ‘off’.    We’ll take the ‘stuff’ that was in the freezer along to the recycling place at Pittenweem, then do a ‘freezer’ shopping, in Leven.    Tomorrow morning has the ‘makings’ of being a busy one.    Luckily I get up early to have a morning walk before breakfast, so I’ll get some exercise.

Photographs : Top – The West end of Ferry beach bathed in early morning sunlight, Middle – Elie Harbour, and beach this, bonnie, afternoon, and Bottom – shower cloud over Elie Bay.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....