Friendship Lunch day .....

12th October 2016  (Friendship lunch ... oops Wednesday) ... 10.00    It’s cold ‘out’ this morning... both on the beach, and on the bike.    We have a mostly
Jim and Jimmy.    The liquid in the glasses?    Apple Juice!
overcast sky, with showers scuttling over on a brisk Easterly wind:  however, we might get a few ‘bright spells’ in the afternoon.    I’m hoping to get out on the bike after the ‘Friendship Lunch’,  and I’m thinking it needs to be to somewhere sheltered from the wind, and any showers that may rattle over:   Balcarres Den comes to mind, but that wouldn’t be by way of biking.   That’s would be the car up to Robin Gray’s then a wander up the Den:   I need to get out one way or another.


21.00    The only biking I did today was up to Elie twice;  first to get the morning paper, and the second time when I went the Friendship Lunch.    After ‘Lunch’ I went down to the harbour but the weather was beginning to deteriorate, so the bike went into the shed when I got back to Ivy.   Tomorrow’s weather looks like being greyer, and perhaps wetter, than today.... and ... the wind continues to be from the East.    My B
'Today' has looked like this most of the time.
alcarres Den walk is beginning to fade into the future methinks.

As ever I enjoyed the Friendship Lunch;   you’re always guaranteed a nice chat, and some banter;   and the waitresses are lovely!    Yep .... the ‘Friendship Lunch’ is a happy event ... as is the ‘Drop in Cafe’ on a Thursday afternoon.    Hey that’s tomorrow ... brilliant.

With the weather being ‘iffy’ I haven’t done much outside:   Jimmy has been along a couple of times so we’ve managed to drink some tea and to put the World to rights .... yet again.     I’ve also done some computer stuff, but this has been a day of contemplation really.    I think I might have an early ‘bed’ with my book.... I ought to finish it tonight.

I have not yet devised a ‘plan of action’ for tomorrow;   it all depends on what the
Classy tradeesman's van.
weather is like;  and,... the predicted (instead of the word ‘forecast’) weather is not ‘bright and sunny’.    Looks like it will be ‘computer stuff’, at least for some part of the day. 


Photographs : Top – Jim and Jimmy, two “Friendship Lunch” regulars.    The  liquid in the glasses?    Malt Apple Juice!    Middle – this is what ‘today’ has  looked like most of the time, and Bottom – classy tradesman’s van seen in Telfer Wynd.  

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....